Archived Time Off Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was planning to go to another country at the end of July until mid August. Would I be able to take off for that long period of time since it's for a personal reason? I'm sure you get this question all the time, I just wanted to know if I should talk to HR or just do it through max self service?

Max will only let you take off 9 or 10 days and then it says you need to take an LOA. You can ask off for the days if you do them in different requests. I would still talk to your ETL and ETL-HR before asking off for such a long period of time.. I would also talk to them asap. I went overseas for three weeks the beginning of the year and gave them about a 6 month notice that i was going sometime the beginning of the year and then once i bought my tickets i gave them a 2 month heads up. They did not have a problem with me leaving at all.

How did you word your request to your ETL? I've found that how you request stuff makes a big difference in how people respond. Don't tell your ETL "I need to know if you can give me off so we can book our hotel" say "I've booked my rooms for these dates [even if you didn't] and I need them off." Assertiveness (within reason) goes a long way. Usually if my ETL (or anyone else) is being a pain, my TL will have my back. Try there.

I wish you the best. I requested some days off in January and they were approve back in November. We've had one TM leave and if they don't hire at least one replacement I'm waiting to hear them try and cancel my time off though I have a feeling they can't do that.

I wish you the best. I requested some days off in January and they were approve back in November. We've had one TM leave and if they don't hire at least one replacement I'm waiting to hear them try and cancel my time off though I have a feeling they can't do that.

Keep the approval copy. Then, wait for the posted schedule. You might remind your etl or tl about it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back