• Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Last edited by a moderator:
we usually approve the days off as long as there are not too many requests for the department for that day. So get them in as soon as possible - you don't have to give a reason, our store doesn't sweat that.

Hello. pfreshbackroomguy here. Sorry for not many replies lately. Working full time and going to school part time at a university has taken its toll on me. My spring break has started and i am back. I actually haven't started my p fresh training yet due to my team being short handed again but i did get the pay increase going from 9.23 to 10.23.

I have a question about time off requests.

There are two metal/hard rock concerts i want to go on a Saturday un June and and Sunday in July. I would love to have the both days off.

When asking for the time off, what reason should i put in and what should i say in the comments to get my etl to approve the days off? I was thinking about saying i want to have a vacation day instead of an extended time off.

Any suggestions?

Nothing wrong with requesting time off for a concert. You don't have to give them a reason if you don't want to. But you can request time off do what ever you please, I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes but you are allowed to do fun things. :music2:

Just tell the truth, nobodies going to mind.
Use up your personal time first though.

exactly, all you can do is tell the truth to your supervisors/managers and see what they are able to accomodate.
I asked these questions because my etl is very hesitant to give time off requests. I am taking a survey of accounting class at university along with global culture class. My classes are Mondays and Tuesday mornings but my final exam for accounting is on Wednesday morning (i have never once worked a Wednesday morning). So over 2 weeks ago, i put two different time off requests. My first one on was for me to have the Wednesday morning of my accounting exam off. That was approved. My second was requesting the Tuesday right before off so i can have the day to study for my comunitive final. That request has yet to be approve nor denied. I need that day off more than anything.

For another request for a partical day off on Saturday, he told me hasnt approved nor denied it yet because he cant know what our schedule will be like that week and that the weekends are quote "harder to staff than the rest of the week".

If time off requests are the same since I left, then you don't have to list a reason. If I did feel like I needed to put in a reason, I usually put appointment, errands, or family event.

I believe you can put time off requests in advance as far as 3 or 4 months, I would HIGHLY recommend it!
If time off requests are the same since I left, then you don't have to list a reason. If I did feel like I needed to put in a reason, I usually put appointment, errands, or family event.

I was under the impression that comments are not required unless you choose "Other" rather than "Personal," etc.

When I request a day off and have to fill-in the time that I want off, I will request "off" time by hours.......ex. off from 6pm to closing. So this way I usually get the time off without having to use a vacation day. If they think that you can work part of the day they may schedule you during your open time (ex. able to work 8am to 5pm per example listed above).
For me this does work.....this way I get my time off without having to use a vacation day. Often when I've requested a part of the day off I do get the day as one of my "regular" days off.

I've found that when I pick the reason as "other" I will tell the real reason I need the day or part of the day off.....that gives me an even better chance of getting the day scheduled as off and not needing to use vacation time.

So, if going to a concert, tell them that and they should be understanding of your needs. However, make sure to request the day off (or part of a day off) about three weeks before you need the day off.

Hope this helps.

I've been really lucky with time off requests. First, I don't put them in very often and second, I always put them in way in advance. Usually you don't have to put comments unless you want to. The only time I have is if I request a specific day and let them know that I can juggle my schedule around it.

it's pathetic that we should have to jump through so many hoops to get a day off! If the top managers get 3 weeks off 1st year of employment, EVERYONE should get that, and we should be allowed to USE that time off, not "BEG!"
I've been really lucky with time off requests. First, I don't put them in very often and second, I always put them in way in advance. Usually you don't have to put comments unless you want to. The only time I have is if I request a specific day and let them know that I can juggle my schedule around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back