Archived Time off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family decided to come Into town and told me about a week and a half ago. It was too late to ask for the time off and I'm scheduled Friday, sat and sun while they're here. I posted the shifts but so far no one has picked them up. I absolutely can't come in cause they interfere with plans and having to take my parents to the airport. If no one picks these shifts up, what can I do?

I was basically just gonna talk to the manager or someone and see if they could find someone to cover it. I'm still under my 90 days

talk to hr but if they cant find someone and you posted them youll probably have to call off and might not make it past your 90 days... tell people next time they have to give you more notice cause of how far out our schedules are posted

If you sweet talk your way with HR they may be able to help find someone to cover. But make it known to peers that you have shifts available. Talk to your TL or ETL to see if they can cut those days, or maybe 1 or 2. I used to advertise open shifts at huddles to help get the word out. Worst case is to call out all three days - but make sure you call-out. Because you are under your 90 days this could be grounds for termination if you called out 3 days in a row, but that's not a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back