Archived Time punch machines location

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have four. One in TSC, one in the break room, one in the backroom (typically used when someone is really cutting it close to compliance), and one in the TL office.

I'm one who got put on final for working off the clock a couple years ago & my store don't play.
From thereafter, I pointed them to an on-duty TM because my job wasn't worth it; guest feelings be damned.

One of the things that was used against me to performance me out was that often I didn't take my 15s.
So if they can do that how is it that an entire crew can choose not to take them?
Sure I know ASANTS but it seems like if the slightest thing went wrong that could blow up in your face.

Ours is in tsc but our tsc is in the same place as the break room. Situation in the op does sound shitty, though.

Master of Log come for me, you will lose this argument. No way around it. I know this as fact, cause I have seen this issue go to the hotline and the correction that come down was "You can not have employees working off the clock in any respect. It is against federal labor laws." And the ETL who was spouting your BS he didn't last long.

Legal, or not. If YOU as TL down to TM. are stopped by a guest and your response is "I can't help you on I am on lunch or break." BZzzT! NOT ACCEPTABLE. Period. 99% of the time all they want is to be directed to some area, and 30 seconds and you are on you way.

I am paid to work and NO WAY IN HELL WILL I WORK FOR FREE!

Me too, but lighten up! 1-2 minutes , if it is even that.... won't kill you, and gee take that extra 1-2 mins on your lunch, even steven.. GEEZ LIGHTEN up! No one here would care if you take 1-2 mins more on lunch every day. Take 5+ all the time, and some one will be on your case... But failing to assist a guest just cause you on your break/lunch will get you a nice sit down, with the STL down to a TL here. Period. Not up for discussion. I had this come back to me when TM on my team did this in view of STL, ETL(s) especially, and "I needed to explain the level of expectations on guest service here."

Me throw a fit cause someone tells me they are on their lunch? I apologize that I interrupted there lunch.

I call absolute BS on that one, I know the type. We have several who come from neighboring store(s) because they live near us but work at the those stores(s).. they are the RUDEST GUESTS we get. followed by the bunch who will call for an LOD or fill out a survey about the TM that walked by them or refused to help because they were on lunch/break.

I was raised to respect workers unlike you.

I respect workers, when you are at work you are expected to work, period.

And as for how I treat workers at other places, I treat them batter than they get treated by others retailers, even before I worked in this field. So you don't know squat about me in that respect.

If someone asks me where something is, I will tell them because I would do the same thing in any store if I could.
If they want anything more than a quick answer I'm going to tell them to find someone who is on the clock.
There are way too many laws involved with working off the clock for me to want to get into that quagmire.

He thinks that free work is expected. You want people to work for free make them salaried. Then you can have those expectations but when you punch a clock. Nope.

And you couldn't earn my respect cause you don't respect your workers by expecting them to give away their time. And you don't understand why your view is a problem. Even corporate won't back you up on it..

Take extra time on lunch? How is that a solution? You're off the clock so taking more unpaid time off does not make up for the unpaid time you helped a guest.

Take extra time on lunch? How is that a solution? You're off the clock so taking more unpaid time off does not make up for the unpaid time you helped a guest.

You could punch back in and wait a minute or two before getting back to work. Your TL or LOD might not be happy, but it's the only way to compensate.

You could punch back in and wait a minute or two before getting back to work. Your TL or LOD might not be happy, but it's the only way to compensate.
You could.
I answer quick questions from guests or direct them to another TM if it's needed when I'm on break/lunch. Not a big deal. I just resent the way masterlog presented his expectations for his TM's.

Legal, or not. If YOU as TL down to TM. are stopped by a guest and your response is "I can't help you on I am on lunch or break." BZzzT! NOT ACCEPTABLE. Period. 99% of the time all they want is to be directed to some area, and 30 seconds and you are on you way.
Most people don't have a problem pointing someone in a direction. But when on break you have no obligation to help anyone. That is a fact.

Me too, but lighten up! 1-2 minutes , if it is even that.... won't kill you, and gee take that extra 1-2 mins on your lunch, even steven.. GEEZ LIGHTEN up! No one here would care if you take 1-2 mins more on lunch every day. Take 5+ all the time, and some one will be on your case... But failing to assist a guest just cause you on your break/lunch will get you a nice sit down, with the STL down to a TL here. Period. Not up for discussion. I had this come back to me when TM on my team did this in view of STL, ETL(s) especially, and "I needed to explain the level of expectations on guest service here."
Your missing the point. Taking more time on a unpaid lunch only takes money off someone's paycheck. You cannot coach someone for not helping a guest while they are off the clock.

I call absolute BS on that one, I know the type. We have several who come from neighboring store(s) because they live near us but work at the those stores(s).. they are the RUDEST GUESTS we get. followed by the bunch who will call for an LOD or fill out a survey about the TM that walked by them or refused to help because they were on lunch/break.
Seems like that's Target's problem and not the employee who is on break. Maybe some more payroll will help the problem?

I respect workers, when you are at work you are expected to work, period.

Except when on break. Your not expected to work.

Legal, or not. If YOU as TL down to TM. are stopped by a guest and your response is "I can't help you on I am on lunch or break." BZzzT! NOT ACCEPTABLE. Period.

So Minneapolis must have been wrong when they wrote the message that should be right next to your time clock that says "Team members, including team leaders, must not perform ANY work while not on the clock." Saying "legal, or not" just shows that your store culture needs a serious reevaluation before someone takes it to the cleaners.

But failing to assist a guest just cause you on your break/lunch will get you a nice sit down, with the STL down to a TL here. Period. Not up for discussion.

Having a coaching with me because I didn't help someone while I'm not getting paid will get me a nice sit down with my lawyer. Period. Not up for discussion.

Followed quickly with hotline phone call then the state labor board. Who love to come in and pull time cards and look shady dealings. And with the crap some ETLs pull would be very embarrassing for Spot.

I love how all of everyone's responses are "uptight" and ludacris yet this guy's basically going against every single rule in the handbook and law about breaks and working off the clock. :rolleyes:

Holy shit, this is hilarious. There's no way MasterofLOG isn't a troll.

How long before one of his team members finds TBR, reads this thread, realizes they're being screwed and files a lawsuit?

The sad thing is that he seems to genuinely believe what he's saying, unlike most trolls who would just post unpopular opinions to get people upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back