Archived Time punch machines location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does your store have the time punch machine. We have one at TSC and we have one right outside the breakroom. HOWEVER....apparently we have been having to many missed punches and HR feels it the machine outside the breakroom so she had it disconnected and now we have to use the one in TSC which is on the opposite side of the store. So now you punch in/out for our 30's, walk the store(losing time) and the potential of getting stopped by guests(losing much more time) while on our 30. So in reality its not really 30 min..its more like a 20min break...could this potentially be an issue??

If your HR or equipment submits a repair ticket for the broken time clock, they will over night one to your store. While your walking the store, if you get stopped by a guest, kindly tell them your on lunch and point them to the nearest tm or call button

We have two at Tsc and one in the backroom. The one in the backroom is only used by overnight

We have three in TSC, which is connected to the breakroom. They're the only three unless we have one stashed in one of the ETL offices.

We used to have two: one at TSC and one in the backroom. They removed the one in the backroom because for breaks you had to clock out and clock in on the same machine. Too many TMs would use both for a break but only the fist machine used would register. This caused too many punch corrections so they took the one in the backroom out.

We have a total of 3 time clocks, and all three of them are in TSC. But in my store, TSC is connected to the break room so the thought of having the break room separate from TSC is mind-boggling.

While your walking the store, if you get stopped by a guest, kindly tell them your on lunch and point them to the nearest tm or call button

Well thanks for creating a disgruntled guest(s)... and that definitely won't fly here. If you get stopped answer the question if it is something simple and quick.. if its going to turn into a major production, then call a TM on the radio! do NOT PUSH THE CALL BUTTON! :mad: Oh, I pitty the TM who comes here and does that...

Take the time that you spent with the guest during your lunch... thats why the rule here is if its a 1-2 minutes to deal with them, handle it, take the 1-2 minutes..

Definitely if you get stopped and they want to quiz you.. find some one to take over, if you can't do that, then inform the LOD that you got stopped during lunch and that you will be taking that time to make up.. Especially if its 5 or more minutes..

Guests don't care that you are on lunch. Don't give them a reason to make a negative comment on a survey, or call for an LOD...

No one here is going to flip out over a 1-2, even 3 minutes extra to provide some guest service.. hitting the call button would definitely cause an issue, here.

We have one in TSC and one in the back. I use them
interchangeably all the time and haven't had any issues.

Well thanks for creating a disgruntled guest(s)... and that definitely won't fly here. If you get stopped answer the question if it is something simple and quick.. if its going to turn into a major production, then call a TM on the radio! do NOT PUSH THE CALL BUTTON! :mad: Oh, I pitty the TM who comes here and does that...

Take the time that you spent with the guest during your lunch... thats why the rule here is if its a 1-2 minutes to deal with them, handle it, take the 1-2 minutes..

Definitely if you get stopped and they want to quiz you.. find some one to take over, if you can't do that, then inform the LOD that you got stopped during lunch and that you will be taking that time to make up.. Especially if its 5 or more minutes..

Guests don't care that you are on lunch. Don't give them a reason to make a negative comment on a survey, or call for an LOD...

No one here is going to flip out over a 1-2, even 3 minutes extra to provide some guest service.. hitting the call button would definitely cause an issue, here.
If you take more time on your lunch, Then you are NOT being paid. The bp is to do punch corrections to avoid osha violations.

Not being paid. Not answering questions. You can deal with the punch corrections and the state labor board. One ETL tried your BS and was quickly and firmly corrected by HR that that not acceptable. Or legal.

Not being paid. Not answering questions. You can deal with the punch corrections and the state labor board. One ETL tried your BS and was quickly and firmly corrected by HR that that not acceptable. Or legal.

If you take more time on your lunch, Then you are NOT being paid. The bp is to do punch corrections to avoid osha violations.

No punch corrections needed... geeezzuuus way to over complicate it! Just take the 1-2 minutes more! GEEEZUS! No one is going to hound you about 1-2 minutes. maybe at your store. And if your store is that up tight on going over 1-2 minutes on a lunch, then call the LOD and let them know... ggeezzzzusss! And I can assure you if you do in front of me, any other TL, ETL or the STL here, you will be asked "WTF was that!" That won't fly here. 1-2 minutes to direct some one to infants for rugrat needs when they are hanging out in grocery for some reason... NO biggie... If it is more than that.. call some one on the radio.

GUESTS who the pay BILLS ie YOUR PAYCHECK!!! We don't need any more disgruntled guests when some one like you tells them I am on lunch and walks away or ignores them.

Your poor guest services skills would not be tolerated here, not in the least... and I can guarantee that if YOU encountered this at another store YOU would be having a major snippy fit, calling for the manager, filling out a crappy survey.. I know exactly how YOUR TYPE works... Retail workers are some of the worst, WORST GUESTS, especially TM's from other stores.

No punch corrections needed... geeezzuuus way to over complicate it! Just take the 1-2 minutes more! GEEEZUS! No one is going to hound you about 1-2 minutes. maybe at your store. And if your store is that up tight on going over 1-2 minutes on a lunch, then call the LOD and let them know... ggeezzzzusss! And I can assure you if you do in front of me, any other TL, ETL or the STL here, you will be asked "WTF was that!" That won't fly here. 1-2 minutes to direct some one to infants for rugrat needs when they are hanging out in grocery for some reason... NO biggie... If it is more than that.. call some one on the radio.

GUESTS who the pay BILLS ie YOUR PAYCHECK!!! We don't need any more disgruntled guests when some one like you tells them I am on lunch and walks away or ignores them.

Your poor guest services skills would not be tolerated here, not in the least... and I can guarantee that if YOU encountered this at another store YOU would be having a major snippy fit, calling for the manager, filling out a crappy survey.. I know exactly how YOUR TYPE works... Retail workers are some of the worst, WORST GUESTS, especially TM's from other stores.
So your condoning working off the clock?

If your on lunch then that's your time, not Target's. I understand pointing someone in a direction and moving on, but 1-2 (or 3) minutes while your clocked out for lunch is still considered working off the clock. Taking a longer lunch doesn't make up for the lost time since your not being paid for it.

If I'm on my meal, that's my time. I'm no longer obligated to help guests. Period. That's working off the clock. I usually will answer a question if a guest asks where something is, but I do NOT have to.

Yea what happens when another guest approaches you after you already spent 3 minutes with another guest? So you tell them "sorry I already spent my max time with the last guest?" And then what about the guest after that? When do you draw the line?
Also, when you add onto your lunch, you're only cutting more into your own paid time by extending your unpaid lunch lol.

Extending breaks for compensation only works on paid breaks. If you really want to help guests on your lunch, and make up for the lost time, just take a regular timed lunch break then sit on your ass afterwards for the amount of time you spent working on lunch. Or use punch corrections lol.

Remember guys, that MasterofLOG schedules those who dare take their breaks SHORTER shifts than those he bullies into working straight thru.
And before you (masterofLOG) try to tell us how the rest of your team wants to finish & git 'er done so they can go home, of course they won't tell you otherwise because they've seen what you do to anyone who deviates from your program.

Last edited:
One is in TSC (which is next to the breakroom) and one in the backroom (which pretty much nobody uses).

My store has two. One up front in TSC, and the other in the backroom by receiving. Only problem is the one in receiving is not working.

The problem isn't disgruntled guests, it is a huge fine from the labor board . I don't know about your state, but here the labor is like flies on shit.

Last edited:
My store has two: one by the TSC/breakroom and one in the backroom. The backroom one almost never worked until sometime within the last year.

Remember guys, that MasterofLOG schedules those who dare take their breaks SHORTER shifts than those he bullies into working straight thru.
And before you (masterofLOG) try to tell us how the rest of your team wants to finish & git 'er done so they can go home, of course they won't tell you otherwise because they've seen what you do to anyone who deviates from your program.

I could be wrong, but I thought he said his ETL does the schedule like that. That said, it's still an unacceptable practice.

Master of Log come for me, you will lose this argument. No way around it. I know this as fact, cause I have seen this issue go to the hotline and the correction that come down was "You can not have employees working off the clock in any respect. It is against federal labor laws." And the ETL who was spouting your BS he didn't last long.

I am paid to work and NO WAY IN HELL WILL I WORK FOR FREE!

Me throw a fit cause someone tells me they are on their lunch? I apologize that I interrupted there lunch. I was raised to respect workers unlike you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back