Archived TL Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHardlinesGod

THE GOD OF HARDLINES
So today I was told that I was in the wrong for telling everyone they’re allowed to do lunch corrections for the amount of time it takes the Closing Team Lead to take his security without letting everyone out. I found this out through another TL and I’m kinda pissed and took it as an attack on my person and my work. What can I tell my ETL OR STL about this?

Why don’t you just clock out right before leaving the building? Or is the time clock not by the door

I'm not sure what about this is harassment. It sounds like a difference of opinion. I would ask your ETL-HR or SD about what the policy is, then adhere to that.

Why don’t you just clock out right before leaving the building? Or is the time clock not by the door
It’s in our clerical, about 100 ft from the main entrance, and it would be inconvenient to wait for him to come back as you would have to wait longer if he decides to lock the door again.

I'm not sure what about this is harassment. It sounds like a difference of opinion. I would ask your ETL-HR or SD about what the policy is, then adhere to that.
It’s more of him throwing shade because he was upset that I let everyone know that they are allowed to correct their time punch for the time that he didn’t let us out. I can’t really think of a word for it, but he’s just an entitled asshole. His ego is also through the roof.

The United States Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not provide a definition of “work,” but the term generally includes all time when the employee is acting under the direction or control of the employer, or is acting primarily for the benefit of the employer. Seems to me that the employee is being controlled by the employer in this situation and that constitutes working off the clock. I would talk to HR about it.

Closing Team Lead should be scheduled half past close with one other person. Everyone else should leave without issue at close. CTL should be using the last half hour to make sure the building is secure. The half an hour should be more than enough time to get this accomplished.

Closing Team Lead should be scheduled half past close with one other person. Everyone else should leave without issue at close. CTL should be using the last half hour to make sure the building is secure. The half an hour should be more than enough time to get this accomplished.
That's the way it's done at my store. Most of the team leaves as soon as the floor is clear, usually only the CTL and a front end person or two are left. Not sure why it's such an issue in other stores. Seems like they are making things difficult for no good reason.

Your doors don’t have the center door with the lockable handle that lets people exit but not enter? Building is secured but the team is free to leave; no wasting time letting people out.

Not if it's the sliding, one door entrance and there is no dedicated TM entrance. Our store has one way in, one way out so myself, or a closing expert has to wait to let TMs and guests out of the building (and stand guard so no one comes in). Once that happens I can lock the door and secure the rest of the building.

...I usually leave the doors open and my GSTL/GSA is usually up front to watch the doors while im doing my walk to make sure all the TM's are leaving... wtf is the GSA or GSTL doing while the CTL is doing their walk?
Mine come with me on the walk and I always went with my etls when I was gsa/gstl

Reactions: Dog
Not if it's the sliding, one door entrance and there is no dedicated TM entrance. Our store has one way in, one way out so myself, or a closing expert has to wait to let TMs and guests out of the building (and stand guard so no one comes in). Once that happens I can lock the door and secure the rest of the building.
I have the team clear the building while I go up front and lock the doors at close, then I stay there while they clock out and come back to the front to leave. Then I do 239 with my closing Tm and do a quick security walk. I make sure the only person left after close is the person scheduled to be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back