Archived Tl interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you always have to have an etl stl and DTL interview? It seems like I'm about to have a DTL interview without having the other two.

Not necessarily. My TL interviews were actually with three different STLs. I never even spoke with my DTL. *shrug

When I went through my TL interviews, I did a couple mock interviews to just go over what type of answers I should be giving, but nothing serious. It was more of a brainstorming session to think of all I have accomplished. So, they really weren't interview formatted. It was just the questions read to me and the ETL and myself went through everything I have done to come up with an answer that best suited the question.

ETL, STL, DTL or HRBP is the typical format but a lot of stores skip the first two interviews and do it informally because to be a TL you must already have the full backing of your ETL and STL. Obviously they wouldn't send someone to the district that they don't want to succeed. Now if you had been a total mess when prepping with your ETL or STL, or if they lost confidence in you for some reason, then they would have held you back.

I've come to learn that every day is an interview. Just make sure you're ready to give it your all.

ETL, STL, DTL or HRBP is the typical format but a lot of stores skip the first two interviews and do it informally because to be a TL you must already have the full backing of your ETL and STL. Obviously they wouldn't send someone to the district that they don't want to succeed. Now if you had been a total mess when prepping with your ETL or STL, or if they lost confidence in you for some reason, then they would have held you back.

I've come to learn that every day is an interview. Just make sure you're ready to give it your all.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Used to be pretty much everyone in my district that made it past the ETL and STL interviews would have the job and the DTL interview was pretty much a formality.

However now we have a newer DTL and I would say about 30% of the people don't make it past the DTL interview now. She is a lot more picky and doesn't always trust the stores judgement.

I just had my TL interview in April and I did mock interviews with my ETLs and my STL and for my actual Interview I had it with the DTL and the HR Business Partner. Random question to know since it changed from what I was prepped for is "tell me a time you stood up for yourself"

It used to be this way when I started at Target, so maybe they are going back. Being interviewed by the DTL seems unnecessary unless you are applying for an ETL position.

my district made an ETL hire without an interview past the DTL. these both could be a new company policy to give more autonomy to the store-level or district-level depending on the position. i approve! :)

It was on Redwire that now their empowering the STL and ETL-HR to make the final decision on who's going to be their TLs in the store.
What about when they switch stores? Just interviewed again by the stl?

What about when they switch stores? Just interviewed again by the stl?
I would think if you switched stores you'd just slide into the TL position there if they had a spot.

It was on Redwire that now their empowering the STL and ETL-HR to make the final decision on who's going to be their TLs in the store.
Yay, so now only my store will be accountable for holding me back...my dtl loves me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back