Archived TL interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone! I'm going to interviews soon and was curious about something. I know TLs generally stay within the store they're currently in. Is it possible to be transferred to another store as a TL? Also does anyone know what the avg. TL pay is? Thanks!

It just depends on the needs of the other stores in the area. TLs don't really "generally" stay or transfer. It all depends on what openings are available. You'll want to talk with an ETL or your STL for more info on that.

Regular base pay for a TL is $3 above base pay (i.e. $3 above what cashiers, sales floor, cart attendants make). Your store can key you for a higher rate if you've had leadership experience in the past or if you will be a key-carrier.

That's good to hear. I know I probably won't get much of a raise, I've been there awhile and already get paid decently, but its nice to have an idea of the range. Thanks for the response!

That's good to hear. I know I probably won't get much of a raise, I've been there awhile and already get paid decently, but its nice to have an idea of the range. Thanks for the response!

What's your primary workcenter right now? Have you had any leadership experience? Do you know what TL position is open?

I talked to my ETL about getting me ready for the next round of openings at our store and he seemed to think that I could probably go to a different store if I wanted if we could get me trained enough.

My best advice would be to look at glassdoor.com and read some of the interview questions and prepare some answers. Like interviews you've already had at Target, they are situational questions and you want to give lots of details and be specific.

We have a TM that evidently threatens to quit if he doesn't get his way. Been there a bit over a year and the water works turns on when he gets frustrated. There have been two off-street TL hires in the past month and he is livid; thinks he deserves it because he's been there. First sign of stress and he cries, is under 21 years old, no experience and thinks because he wants the position he ought to get it. Told everyone he interviewed for it and he was denied, but they didnt interview him due to the fact they said he wasn't right for the job. He put his two weeks in and now is asking to withdraw it because he thought he'd get the opportunities he wanted if he threatened to quit.

He's a good TM but his attitude is infectious. Just because you want a job doesn't mean you're qualified for it and certainly doesn't mean you'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back