Archived TL Or TM....you decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store does this all the time. That’s part of being a leader. All hands on deck when needed, just can’t ever lose sight of the bigger picture.
ETL-Log at my store will scan out orders, not pack, just scan out. That’s about it, except for “encouraging” the team over the walkie to pick faster. The ETL who would help pick is long gone...🙄

How many pallets do you guys usually get? 300 sounds tiny, unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by that. And yes your closer should be doing a lot more than zoning...
I really want to dissect your whole process lol. Maybe I can help??

Low volume stores really feel the crunch this time of year. I was at an AA and even though your store is busier its huge having more tms. At a C or B volume sometimes the TL only has one opener besides themself. They are the team.

Low volume stores really feel the crunch this time of year. I was at an AA and even though your store is busier its huge having more tms. At a C or B volume sometimes the TL only has one opener besides themself. They are the team.
Yep. At a B volume. Sometimes it's just the team lead. If I go to the c and d volumes nearby I'm sure they are ghost towns.

We are B volume and space constrained. Last week we had 5 RDC trucks and 3 FDC trucks, some small, some very large. We had 213 hours. This is nowhere near enough hours to go into any day feeling confident about getting things done. I’m never the only market market TM for more than 4 hours at a time. I don’t work at a store with payroll galore by any means. For me, it’s all about routines. There will always be a truck to deal with, but if you don’t plan for things you are just reacting. When you are just reacting, you are not in control. With the last 30 minutes of my shift, I can kill two tubs of backstock, or I can take that time and plan and set the next day up for success. In my opinion, the latter is much more value added to my team.

I know everyone has a different situation, and we all need to vent, so I really don’t mean to disregard what anyone is saying. I guess this is my way of venting too. I’ve been so tired of hearing everyone around me bitch about payroll. 2 years ago, someone told me to stop using payroll as an excuse. I listened and I’m glad I did. I’ve gotten so much better at problem solving, sequencing, developing my team, planning, and communicating. Things as far from perfect, but we’ve come along way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back