TL Position

I have always found Target's "On the Bench" idiotic.

Why bother to interview anyone if their is no opening and a start date?

You could never hire someone externally like that.

If they don't won't to make you a TL they should state the reason why like lack of experience for example.

Then again Target makes recent college graduates an ETL and the ones we have had were terrible.

If they don't won't to make you a TL they should state the reason why like lack of experience for example.

Then again Target makes recent college graduates an ETL and the ones we have had were terrible.

Could be : giving a good potential Tm hope of a TL position will keep them from leaving. Some of our best tm’s moved on for better things.

Also, they Do not always have 2 weeks notice when a team lead leaves. i was asked if I was interested in stepping into a team lead role days before a SETL was fired for theft. Other times we have been without a TL in an area for months to cover the interviewing, hiring, on boarding and training time.

Always benefits the business to be prepared in advance. Proactive position fill. Sometimes positions are advertised that are not even open. One TL was very concerned they were being fired cause their position, at their store, was advertised as open ! Sometimes they are posted to troll fir candidates, then if good, they could be offered something else or something somewhere else.

I’m not gonna lie I still haven’t found a tm that can become inbound Tl since I got promoted .and the one that I asked to take it didn’t want it which by the way is one of my inbound tm . So at this point I only run with one Tl which is tough.

There could be an opening in another store in the district. If the SD picks someone else you still passed the interview and wait for another opening. It’s not just about what’s open in your store.

Back