TL self reviews!!!

Don’t sell yourself short. I went as high as I could and said forget it. They’re gonna give me what they give. But I’m definitely not selling myself short after all the nonsense 2020 had.

Also yeah finding time to write it when the other leads are out on leaves due to covid and I’m the only gm lead left is fun.

Hey y’all! Well it’s that time of year and I just need help on what too include and what not too when doing this. It’s my first time doing this .. help
Don’t overthink it. Keep it simple, no bullsht. Bullet point achievements & include the stores year end metrics, maybe mention what you contributed to get them.

They will never give you a higher score than you give yourself. Target is making money hand over fist this year. Are you f*cling kidding me?

Always give yourself a 3.
Not true. I gave Myself a 3 ONE time out of 13 - that year I received a 2. The other twelve times I gave myself a 2 - I have received six 3’s - funny, never two years in a row, guess I can’t keep up the momentum or do better the year after doing really well.

If they don't give me a three this year I'm turning it into a long conversation about a lot of things. There's no reason any team lead who didn't take any sort of LOA during this whole fucking year is not a three lmao
YES !! Certainly that ! Enough with the equal treatment of those that stuck it thru with those that bailed and left us short handed.

I've already been told that I'm getting a '2' despite honestly kicking ass all year. Same for my new boss, who might be the most competent and helpful boss I've ever had. Silly stuff.
Weighted LESS on who YOU are and what you did and more weight on upper leadership OPINIONS.
‘The same work to get a 2 from the current SD could certainly earn a 3 from another.
I think it's hilarious that you can only rank yourself 1 to 3.
3 is good = needs improvement/meets expectations/exceeds expectations. Simple, More choices could be confusing.
Years ago the ratings for TM used to be 1-5 , the change to 1-3 made it easier -
even though TOO many get a 2 - a group of : not so good but not horrible AND pretty good but not GREAT
I don't miss writing self-reviews or writing team member reviews. They never seemed to give any time to do them. It is especially bad for team leaders that have more than a few team members under them. I know team leaders that took them home and did them off of the clock.
When I am finally gone - it will be the best part about NOT being there for sure.
I think many years from now I will reflect in January what a good decision it was to leave.
Kind of how I think in May now- “whew, NO final exams for ME”, yippee.
Just happy that I was able to fix this before I got promoted .
Congrats. Softlines not tying on time - or untying some when tying others - kills me every week.

1-3 is not enough of a gap to grade people. For years since they’ve changed to this grading scale it has caused more anger. At my store very few get a 3. You can only receive a 1 if you are on corrective action. Therefore most get 2’s. But I’ve had a team member who should have gotten a 3 receive a 2 and another team member who was 1 document away from corrective action receive a 2. Both team members were completely different in their performance yet received the same grade. My own opinion but I just feel 3 levels isn’t enough.

What I have learned over my decade of working at Target is... it doesn’t matter what you write they give you what they give you no matter what your metrics look like in your area. If your store is failing that is how you are graded. They don’t read your reviews because it doesn’t matter to them. If they like you, you get a 2 maybe a 3. No matter what you wrote.

They will never give you a higher score than you give yourself. Target is making money hand over fist this year. Are you f*cling kidding me?

Always give yourself a 3.
Not necessarily, our PML has been given a 3 2 years in a row when he scored himself a 2 both years, and our CTL also had the same happen last year as she was new in role so she thought a 2 was more appropriate. They can do whatever they want.

Back