Archived TL to ETL succession plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently a SrTL, I have been told that I am in the "Succession Plan" to become an ETL by early next year. How accurate are these "SP"? I do not want to think anything of it until I see it happening. Has anyone been in the same situation?

Succession plans are put in place so that when spots open up in the store or in the district there is someone ready to fill that spot. That said, you can be on a succession plan indefinitely if no one promotes, quits, or is termed. The good news is that most districts and stores aren't stagnant. If you have your degree and your execs are actively prepping you for interviews and/or seriously talking you up to be an ETL then you are probably not spinning your wheels (although it may feel like it). Just keep your area/store green, drive sales, team engagement, and guest satisfaction and you'll be pretty solid going into interviews. Be sure that your DTL knows who you are. Go to district events, take on leadership roles and captainships in the store and possibly district. Basically the more you represent the brand, the faster you move up the ranks. I've seen good ETLs stay at that level because they don't espouse the Target virtues, while vapid idiots move right up the ladder.

Thank you. Our DTL gave me the opportunity to lead a district training for all the STLs. From the feedback I received from my Store Leadership and the other STLs in the district it went well. And the only thing is that i do not have A degree but I am currently working on it. When I approach our DTL about my development he said not to worry because had plans for me.

I would trust him then. Although you can be promoted without a degree, it's very rare. It's very likely that you'll have to finish your degree before you can promote. If they do place you as an ETL you more than likely have to have a degree before you're able to promote again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back