Archived Tlod????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain TLOD to me? My store used to do it when I was a cashier years ago, but we have a brand new leadership team and no one knows about it. Does your GSTL participate?

At my store, the GSTL does participate. I think it varies from store to store. In mine, we have a task list to follow on top of whatever else we're told to do. Any time there's a visit, it always happens to fall on my shift, so I get an e-mail from the closing ETL/STL from the previous night, as to what I should focus on first. Basically, you take over for the LOD that day.

can i just say i hate being the TLOD as a GSTL? It's not that i mind the extra work but i feel like i do a terrible job at it. Since i work at a high volume store i pretty much can't leave the front end ever. So it's incredibly hard to walk the store, check on pulls, do the PCV, and anything else that needs to be done. Luckily we have a a ton of TL's in our store so I usually only do it on my closing night and the HLTL helps me with pulls and such.

TLOD = Does zone assignments, leads huddle, covers breaks on the floor, helps to organize backstock, leftover flow push, instocks priority pulls, etc.
GSTL as TLOD = Yells on the walkie every 5 minutes about asking CIHYFS, taking breaks, talking to people about redcards, and reminding people to bring other area reshop to GS

GSTL as TLOD is stupid, unless you have a GSA there to manage the front end.

After reading this thread and the one mentioned above, when I'm TLOD I also have my own zone. It's a great set up. I have the responsibilities of being a leader (checklists, LOD calls, running the zone) while having my own zone and abandon I'm responsible for.

Ugh.

2 GSTLs are scheduled the day that one of them are supposed to TLOD, this way there is always a GSTL running the front while the other is working their respective TLOD shift.

I've concluded that Target stores only follow best practices that they feel like following, and conveniently ignore the rest.... Yet if you **** up, they always bring up such and such "best practice".... Such a joke.

We're so ULV, if there's no TL closing that night, the GSA is TLOD.

Done that many atimes. The only thing that I had to do was stay a little later until the zone was called, and had to make sure reshop was organized properly for the morning.

Rg

You should ask your STL if you can get paid $2.50 more during those shifts since technically you're a team leader on duty ;)

Just sayin....if I wanted to be an LOD then I would apply for that position, I am glad that we stopped it in my store, none of us liked it or did it. There is a reason I am still just a TL...

When I worked a Super. We had TLOD. They used to walk the track every hour and conduct the instant interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back