Archived Tlod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, what are the expectations for TLOD shifts in each of your stores? Sometimes I feel like the ETLs give us more work than is necessary.

Here is how it is in my store, and yes, I agree that we are given more work than is necessary or sometimes even possible to complete in a shift:
1) Create Break Schedule for Sales Floor/Hardlines/Softlines (on my day there aren't any HL or SL TLs on so I have to do the schedules)
2) Walk the floor creating a "Quick Fix List" - what areas are high priority to be zoned/filled and replace labels as needed
3) Check Guest Service for reshop
4) Shoot/Fill Ends (for me cause I'm held to a different standard than my peers, I also have to drop Stand Alone PTMs in aisles)
5) Give assignments to TMs as they come in (when we have them anyway)
6) Do Steritech Walk and P-Fresh Walk
7) Huddle
8) Follow up on Reshop
9) Follow up on tasks assigned to TMs (when we have them)
10) Check CAFs (every hour)
11) Complete PCV/Sign Audit
12) Follow up that SDA was completed on both Salesfloor and Backroom
13) Mid-day Huddle/Zone
14) Check Guest Service for Reshop (again)

Somewhere in there I also have to walk the Ad and there are a few other things to be done, but I just can't remember....oh, yeah, also check on any marked clearance in the back which needs to be pushed out. That's just some of the things on my store's TLOD list.

Wow, pricing master, that sounds like LOD responsibilities at my store. When I was TLOD I never did that much. The LOD would determine areas that needed full/new endcaps/PTM and would delegate that to tm's or TL's.

Like I said, I'm usually the only one who gets stuck with PTMing. The list we have is basically from the LOD check-list...I guess they want to see who can handle the responsibilities and who can't.....or who they can write up for not getting the list completed.

LOD on the cheap.
And a great way to get all that paperwork done that's been piling up, just let the TLOD handle the store while you do it.

Here is how it is in my store, and yes, I agree that we are given more work than is necessary or sometimes even possible to complete in a shift:
1) Create Break Schedule for Sales Floor/Hardlines/Softlines (on my day there aren't any HL or SL TLs on so I have to do the schedules)
2) Walk the floor creating a "Quick Fix List" - what areas are high priority to be zoned/filled and replace labels as needed
3) Check Guest Service for reshop
4) Shoot/Fill Ends (for me cause I'm held to a different standard than my peers, I also have to drop Stand Alone PTMs in aisles)
5) Give assignments to TMs as they come in (when we have them anyway)
6) Do Steritech Walk and P-Fresh Walk
7) Huddle
8) Follow up on Reshop
9) Follow up on tasks assigned to TMs (when we have them)
10) Check CAFs (every hour)
11) Complete PCV/Sign Audit
12) Follow up that SDA was completed on both Salesfloor and Backroom
13) Mid-day Huddle/Zone
14) Check Guest Service for Reshop (again)

Somewhere in there I also have to walk the Ad and there are a few other things to be done, but I just can't remember....oh, yeah, also check on any marked clearance in the back which needs to be pushed out. That's just some of the things on my store's TLOD list.

Wow. What does the LOD do then, sit at Starbucks with the other ETLs all day?

No....sits in the office with the other ETLs BSing and laughing it up. Wish we had a Starbucks though in my store....workers might be a bit more chipper due to caffeine rushes.

Is TLOD a thing for busier stores? I've never heard of that before at my store.

Is TLOD a thing for busier stores? I've never heard of that before at my store.

Thing about when your tl's when they're are telling you to go to lunch, on walkie.

Pretty much monitoring PDA alerts for lunches??

Anyways, when I was TLOD I would create the break out for the day, brand walk with the LOD, take care of some of the highest priority endcaps/PTM areas, etc. I'd also announce and follow up on mid day zone and abandon. I couldn't easily monitor meal compliance or help with PCV/PCC due to lack of equipment, especially on truck days. I would also make sure clearance is worked out of the backroom (usually I just worked it out myself).
For closing shifts I would make the break out for zones, follow up on abandon, assess and provide feedback on zones, count equipment and collect bathroom logs at the end of the night (along with having my own zone to complete).

PricingMaster: Don't forget 15) Trash and cardboard
16) Receive the truck
17) Complete the tasks your exec(BSing in TSC) is throwing at you for your depts
18) Make sure p-fresh truck is complete and backstocked
19) Sign off vendors
20) Garda/CO
21) A million guest complaints
22) Take all the call-outs(My personal favorite)

You are so correct fastestfolderinthewest.....funny that you mentioned take the truck because I was moved to EM until further notice. I'm also going to add another (if you are a Unit of Measure state): walk Weights and Measures visits.

PricingMaster: Don't forget 15) Trash and cardboard
16) Receive the truck
17) Complete the tasks your exec(BSing in TSC) is throwing at you for your depts
18) Make sure p-fresh truck is complete and backstocked
19) Sign off vendors
20) Garda/CO
21) A million guest complaints
22) Take all the call-outs(My personal favorite)

This plus Pricingmaster's original list sounds like the life of a senior TL. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back