Archived TM applying for a position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know when you apply for a position it says to speak with your TL, ETL or HR TL/ETL. Do people normally follow this step? I spoke with a HR tm about work, off the clock, when she suggested I apply for HR. I asked my HR TL and she said it was fine to apply. My HR ETL asked me if I had applied and I said yes. He said he had no idea I was interested in HR and that he was just waiting on more applicants to apply as well.
Now I know I shouldn't look to into it but I feel like I am not the candidate they're looking for and I feel like my ETL has someone in mind already. My HR tm said no one has applied and it isn't posted either.

That's unfortunate. I don't have any advice for you. Similar thing happened to me recently, but I'm pretty sure it is because I will be back in school soon, so my availability wouldn't work.

Yeah, maybe you should've let your TL know. No one wants to lose good workers and everyone wants the good workers on their team. Can't change the ETL's mind though.

My understanding about internal positions is that it must be posted for two weeks before any hiring decisions are made (even when the ETL already knows who he/she wants to hire). This gives all TMs in the store a fair shot at an interview at least, even if it's just a formality.

My understanding about internal positions is that it must be posted for two weeks before any hiring decisions are made (even when the ETL already knows who he/she wants to hire). This gives all TMs in the store a fair shot at an interview at least, even if it's just a formality.

This is not true at all. Many times they already have someone in mind, post it for 24 hours without telling anyone and then give that person the job without interviewing anyone else.

This is not true at all. Many times they already have someone in mind, post it for 24 hours without telling anyone and then give that person the job without interviewing anyone else.

I'm sure the 24-hour thing does happen, but I would also guess that there is a defined, best practice minimum amount of time for postings. Whether or not this guideline is followed likely varies from store to store. I'm getting my info from my ETL-HR, who told me he is required to keep all postings up for two weeks.

When we had our last GSA position, nothing was posted about it. They just gave me an interview and gave me the job...that's how they did it for the other GSA who has the job as well. So there might be a best practice (isn't there for everything?) but that doesn't mean the store gives a hoot about it.

I'm sure the 24-hour thing does happen, but I would also guess that there is a defined, best practice minimum amount of time for postings. Whether or not this guideline is followed likely varies from store to store. I'm getting my info from my ETL-HR, who told me he is required to keep all postings up for two weeks.

Best Practice is a minimum of a 24 hour posting.

Yeah, maybe you should've let your TL know. No one wants to lose good workers and everyone wants the good workers on their team. Can't change the ETL's mind though.

I would tell my TL but to be honest, I'm not quite sure who needs to hear me say I've applied. I work in 2 other workcenters and keyed into one that I haven't been in about oh you know close to a year plus! I spoke with the hr TL to see if I could apply and she said yes. Our HR ETL knows this as wel as the current TL I'm helping who just recently asked me to join his workcenter so we shall see.

2nd option is to apply on ehr & don't tell anyone.

Good option but I did have to currently let the TL who asked me to join his team just so that I can wait to give him an answer after my interview. The position is not posted in TSC and I only knew about it bc a HR tm suggested I apply.

I don't want to give out too much but due to different issues, I feel like I'm being pulled left and right to "work here and not there, I'm going to extend you here and I don't care if you get cut from this workcenter." It seems like everyone scheduling me is out to get me under their weeks work, which isn't fine bc only one has actually offered me a permanent position. My HR TL has mentioned setting an interview for me before her mini vacation but the TL I was scheduled under didnt want to spare a few of his minutes to let me do my interview or something along those lines the day before the HR TL left. I do not know when I'm going to get interviewed and its been pretty chaotic for me the last couple of weeks with everyone fussing bc I'm getting pulled from workcenters to work in other ones.

So I hope I'm not getting the run around, which worries me seeing as how the position has never been posted and I've heard when that happens is bc they have someone in mind already. I also don't want to wait around on interviewing a position if let's be honest, HR doesn't want me, and let the opportunity of losing a position offer pass. I don't think I can handle working under 3 different work centers and not get the pay I deserve much longer.

At the end of the day if I don't get the HR position it'll suck since it was an opportunity to learn office experience but at least ill still have my job. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, oh well!

Last edited:
Just lay low! Things could change.

Thanks Ive told them all to figure the scheduling with each other and ill just show up for work to do what I'm told. As for HR I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Just smile & show up for work. Then, spot will take you off the floor & say here's the deal. Watch the etl schedule when you work, that might give you a hint too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back