Archived TM Drink Policy (what are the rules at your store)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a new STL came aboard he tried to ban water (and all other liquids which were never officially allowed) even in spill proof containers on the check lanes. I know a number of team members called the integrity hotline to complain. Within 2 weeks we were given target branded water bottles and just told to try to keep them out of sight.

We do on our carts as well, however when the store opens, they stay in the backroom. I only leave the cup holder on the cart so depending on where I have to park vs the location in the backroom I am pulling the backroom peeps know that isn't backstock.
Now if you were in my backroom with water or even a piece of chocolate you would be coached .

Now if you were in my backroom with water or even a piece of chocolate you would be coached .

Cause my coffee mug which is sealed and you can throw the damn thing and it won't leak when your backroom has fruit flies, mice, market has half their damn backstock on the floor, you have your teams g2 bottles everywhere, trash never picked up you haven't swept in months but yeah my coffee mug is a problem..

Try again..

Cause my coffee mug which is sealed and you can throw the damn thing and it won't leak when your backroom has fruit flies, mice, market has half their damn backstock on the floor, you have your teams g2 bottles everywhere, trash never picked up you haven't swept in months but yeah my coffee mug is a problem..

Try again..
Maybe in your backroom and market area. I’m a AAA+ store and doesn’t have mice or flies or any shit as you stated . Your Stl is the problem if it’s that way.

My store used to be very open, but now they say only water, or any other drinks must have a cap.

Meanwhile I still see ETLs walking around with a cup of Starbucks in their cart :rolleyes:

And wow, looking at some of these responses, I’m surprised by how strict some stores are. The ETLs don’t care what we drink as long as it’s in a closed bottle. They’ve given out cold Gatorade bottles before when we had AC issues, lol.

Last edited:
Ok so as of the last couple days my stores ETLs have kinda been on a witch hunt for Cashiers/Front End team members having drinks around them while on the clock.

I kinda wanted to ask around to see if your store has similar policies or if this is a corporate wide thing and my store is trying to enforce the rule a little further.

I was told:
  • No drinks of any sort (open top or closed top)
  • In sight of the guest or not
  • Water still is not ok
I find this somewhat over the top but maybe thats just my opinion. If they are worried about guest perception I could buy that as a good reason so if it was out of sight (behind GSD or under register) with a lid I was hoping that would be ok. Or if that wasn't the reason and they were more worried about spills, if at least water would be allowed for closed top bottles where its easier for cleanup. And in the extreme case where the prohibition for all beverages is taking place at my local Target if maybe a doctors note would help me at least be able to keep a closed top water bottle behind the GSD.

I still have to get final clarification from HR tomorrow on how extreme they are taking this rule. I was told a register may have been damaged because of spills so that could be why they are quite upset but this rule has my team completely upset over how hard they are taking this.

I mean the guests are always leaving drinks around as well... Ive had guests leave their Triple Mocha Frappe on the Self Checkout machines and even cause a spill in another incident which was guest caused. This seems really dumb to be just going after the team members for this.

Guest = ok, Team Member (which is working for you) = not ok. Double Standards imho

Thoughts?

It’s not a problem at my store. I stock the floor while it’s open and always have a water bottle on the vehicle I’m working on

We know. Spot doesn't care.. So I am not going to care about a sealed coffee mug, they have bigger issues..
I don’t know how some stores are. But mine not even a vendor can have drinks in the back or even the stl. If the team wants to drink water we do have 2 water fountains located in the back room so no need for other drinks /bottles/ glasses etc.

My store is off and on about the policy. I can't speak for the front lanes, but they've pretty much given up on the electronics tms. As long as we keep drinks stashed out of sight they usually leave us alone about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back