Archived TM getting so much praise for nothing imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we were having problems with alcohol theft and someone outside AP came up with the idea to lock everything and to reduce the ammount of product on the shelf to 4 if it was under $25 and 2 if over. Our theft has gone way way down but IMO its only because everything is locked and isnt that just a huge oversight from the begining. If someone wants to drink alcohol I really dont think they give a **** if it is $40 or $20 they just want to get drunk. And if we have 8 of something vs 4 of something and they are all locked I dont think someone is going to say oh hey theres only 4 I better not steal these.

Now dont get me wrong the particular TM that suggested this IS pretty hard working and a great coworker I just think some of the praise bestowed upon them for this alcohol "project" is a little rediculous. They even got a huge recognition from AP. Our vendors are getting pissed because sometimes the shelves are completely empty and there is product sitting in the back. So we are reducing theft yet driving sales and appearance for instocks down. What do you guys think, sorry if I didnt give alot of detail.

Also what do you guys do for your alcohol. How many are locked up? Is it always filled to Capacity?

Its a good idea. It led to reduced shortage. I'd give him his due recognition as well. Why are you so concerned with him being recognized for a successful idea?

I understand your vendors are upset but its really a separate issue. Less facings just means you need to ensure someone is replenishing more often. Its the same with iPads. As long as there's two sides to the plan to drive sales and secure against theft then there shouldn't be a problem. If there isn't something to secure in stocks then come up with a plan to address the problem!

Its a good idea. It led to reduced shortage. I'd give him his due recognition as well. Why are you so concerned with him being recognized for a successful idea?

I understand your vendors are upset but its really a separate issue. Less facings just means you need to ensure someone is replenishing more often. Its the same with iPads. As long as there's two sides to the plan to drive sales and secure against theft then there shouldn't be a problem. If there isn't something to secure in stocks then come up with a plan to address the problem!

Im not saying it isnt a good idea, and im not concerned about it, it just seems like the ammount of recognition and praise is way overblown is all. When we launched pfresh we were allready locking the over $25 items. A whole YEAR later we started locking the under $25. I have no idea why they all werent locked to begin with if we were having issues right off the bat. Also on your second point THAT is the problem. Everyone that opens other than myself doesnt stock the alcohol haha and I dont see a difference if there is 4 or 8 or 12 on the shelf if they are all locked, do you?

We keep the shelves full and do not have any issue,I suspect that at some stage there will be a visit from the wrong person and they will be very upset by the lack of product on the shelves,as you know it only takes one unhappy person from corporate and what was once a great idea suddenly does not look so good.As regards it being a good idea,there have been lots of great ideas such as great team cards,cihyfs and more but we really have the knack of taking them and beating them to a pulp until everyone in the stores except new etls and the dm are so sick of them they just want them to go away.

There are stores that sell alcohol!? o_O

I'm in a state with weird blue laws, so that's foreign to me! (Even at a Super all we sold was 3.2 beer).

If someone wants to drink alcohol I really dont think they give a **** if it is $40 or $20 they just want to get drunk.

People don't steal the wine to get drunk. They steal it to resale/barter. There's a reason why the same bottles keep getting stolen.

Our vendors are getting pissed because sometimes the shelves are completely empty and there is product sitting in the back.

You mean the same vendors that have six or seven endcaps in the store, four of which are permanent? They'll get over it.
\

Locking them up was a good idea, btw, depending where they are locked up at. If it's on an endcap and not in the home location, there should be a sign or something notifying the guest where the bottles are. If not, the guest might buy something cheaper.

Our shelves are filled to capacity from what I can see, nothing is locked. We're not a high risk store though.

I hate to sound like a dick but their idea is reducing loss for the store . I wish Team members would get something besides recognition for coming with ideas that actually help store though. More people would be vocal

By "locking" I mean we got special magnetic locks that slide over the top of the bottle and you can adjust it so it doesnt slide off. Its like a spider wrap for alcohol.

Yep, we gots those too.
Mainly for the high-dollar champaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back