Archived TM shopping on Thursday & Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
At our store my GSA was telling us that over these two days TMs are not being permitted to shop during their breaks or on their meal break.
Anyone else getting this information?

I can't believe that they can tell us that we can't shop on our break/lunch. Can they really do this?

Thursday, there's no chance you'll be able to buy anything in just 15 or 30 minutes due to long lines.

Friday, don't see anything wrong with it.

I can't imagine how they can stop you from shopping when you are off the clock.

I would understand however, if they asked you to refrain from shopping/getting in lines while still in red and khaki.

I have always shopped on my 1st 15..im a sucker for cheap dvds. I just wear a jacket. Maybe it's different for high demand items but i've never had a problem and was clearly on break.

As long as you shop and buy..not just put things aside, it should be fine. If you have the time, however, could be a different story.

Last edited:
As long as you shop and buy..not just put things aside, it should be fine. If you have the time, however, could be a different story.

My 1st 15 is usually 2 to 3 hours into my shift, if the lines haven't died down by then I wait for my half. The $5 dvds usually dont sell out.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

During my days, my stores had policies where TMs could not get any door buster or ad items until a certain time giving guests first chance to purchase the items.

But to totally restrict TMs from shopping is ridiculous.

I would highly suggest wearing a coat or another shirt other than red when venturing onto the Black Friday floor.

I have always shopped on my 1st 15..im a sucker for cheap dvds. I just wear a jacket. Maybe it's different for high demand items but i've never had a problem and was clearly on break.

We have been told that we can only shop "off the clock" which means not on a break - lunch or off schedule only.

My STL told me we could buy stuff either during our breaks or meal break. You are supposed to be in non red and khaki when you buy stuff though.

they cant bend best practice rules (or rather, you can't be termed for following bp). just print off the tm purchase guidelines from workbench. that's the bottom line. don't let them bully you and create extra rules. when you are on break or lunch, you are not being paid, and you can do whatever you want as far as shopping goes. as long as you don't break in line, hold things, or come back late, you should be fine. like others said, wear a jacket so people wont bother you. however, there isn't a rule about wearing red and khaki if you want to shop.

yeah they're going to try and discourage you from being in full uniform buying stuff because some guests are awful and will cry out preferential treatment as soon as they see a TM buying something in uniform on their break.

they cant bend best practice rules (or rather, you can't be termed for following bp). just print off the tm purchase guidelines from workbench. that's the bottom line. don't let them bully you and create extra rules. when you are on break or lunch, you are not being paid, and you can do whatever you want as far as shopping goes. as long as you don't break in line, hold things, or come back late, you should be fine. like others said, wear a jacket so people wont bother you. however, there isn't a rule about wearing red and khaki if you want to shop.

My 15 minute breaks are paid time.

My 15 minute breaks are paid time.

sorry, typed quick... meant that your breaks and lunches are your own time, and you are strictly relieved of duty. the guidelines say you can purchase what you want then, you just have to follow the rules as if you were a guest (wait in line, no hiding merchandise, no purchasing high demands/clearance before opening, etc.)

I have always shopped during my breaks,as said above,by the time breaks are given the lines at the registers are down and the main sail items are gone anyway,last year I only bought hdmi cabels,didnt even buy any dvds,last year there was a total lack of imagination with the sets on offer,this year mybe we will have some up to date titles,is there anyone left on the planet that needs SATC,Gillmore Girls etc that does not have them at this stage.

They just mean don't be coming in the employee entrance to bypass all the people waiting to get at the doorbuster items. You want a doorbuster TV you have to come in the front door when the store opens.

Our employee entrance is the cart door and that is the door they are letting the guests through, as part of our crowd management plan. The lines at our store are very long and even after 2 or 3 hours they are sill fairly long. Not sure if i could make it through the line in time.

This.

At my store, the LODs/STL said that it's not that you can't shop while on lunch or so, because how are you supposed to buy lunch (and things like that), but it's the fact that you shouldn't be in your uniform and using your position as a Target employee to your advantage to cut in line, to hold things, etc.

Basically, as long as you aren't in your full Target garb, going through the employee doors to cut in line and then holding all of the video games for yourself, you're in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back