Archived To GSAs and GSTLs. Do you speedwave Guests First or TMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a little something about this in another thread about how everytime I'm in line, the gsa/tl will always send the person right me to a newly opened register or guest service to check out. Never me, or any other TM. Its really annoying when we're on break and its burning away standing in line.

does your store do this and why

It should always be the next person in line, unless they have their stuff on the belt. I see where the GSA is coming from, but the guest will most likely understand.

when I was on break and I had only 1 or two items I would go to Service Desk, Food Avenue or even photo if they were not busy

If TM is obviously on break, I'll speedweave them in and make sure they still get service.

Oftentimes though I would just take them to a secluded register and quick ring them out (if its 1-3 items).

TM usually just go to food ave or guest service to checkout when we are busy but if not, they checkout at the lanes. I treat them like every other guest and try to get them through checkout as soon as possible. At my store, the guest tend to be nice to the TM on break and let them go ahead of them most times. I am still new to the GSA position but I have been a TM for over 2 years and have never had issues with being treated second to guests.

this might be an issue with my store then because often im next when behind a extreme couponer and the person behind me gets weaved. Or even if I'm like 6th, they'll weave the group of people behind me. I thought It may of been bp, but then I figured a tm on break is a guest as well. If it happens again, I might ask the STL about it

The GSA or GSTL would always nod me over to FA, GS, or an empty lane.
I know it's sneaky and the guests come first but they know we only have so much time.

same here. I'll make sure the TM gets checked out but I will do it in such a way that guests don't notice me doing it. Most guests would be offended if I picked a TM out from in front of them because most guests don't see TMs as actual people.

this might be an issue with my store then because often im next when behind a extreme couponer and the person behind me gets weaved. Or even if I'm like 6th, they'll weave the group of people behind me. I thought It may of been bp, but then I figured a tm on break is a guest as well. If it happens again, I might ask the STL about it

I usually head over to guest service, electronics (which is at the front in my store) or Food Ave.

I don't know that I'd bring it up to the STL, unless you meant to say the GSA or GSTL.

At our store, the observant GSA's and GSTL's get the next person in line.

The unobservant ones call out "I can help the next person in line" thereby creating confusion & allowing anyone to go to the front of the newly opened line.

I get the next person in line or, if I know they will be quick, the TM who might be behind another guest that I should have picked instead. That said, I will not open a lane just to get a TM through unless there is no one else in line. We are specifically not to do that at my store, because as soon as you open a line for a TM, but won't take anyone else, all hell will break loose.

The unobservant ones call out "I can help the next person in line" thereby creating confusion & allowing anyone to go to the front of the newly opened line.

If you are hopping on a lane, that is fine to do. The GSA/GSTL should have someone already at your lane when you arrive (if they're any good), otherwise I just call out "I CAN HELP THE NEXT PERSON!!" . Not like I care who gets there first, as long as someone does.

If you are hopping on a lane, that is fine to do. The GSA/GSTL should have someone already at your lane when you arrive (if they're any good), otherwise I just call out "I CAN HELP THE NEXT PERSON!!" . Not like I care who gets there first, as long as someone does.

I don't like to have someone start unloading because some people take so blasted long to come up to the lanes, that the guest will just end up waiting longer than if I had waited until the person got there to direct the next person over. Though usually if I'm calling for back up, I'm already on, so I can't do that, anyway.

And sometimes I will take the next guest in line and sometimes I will just say I can help the next person...it depends on if it looks like either someone is going to cut in where they shouldn't, or if there's a chance I might have to sort out who is next (and I just don't care enough to get involved in that tangle).

>.<

Since our photo lab is still where the old guest service used to be, and there is hardly anybody over there, I tap team members on the shoulder and have them follow me to the other side of see spot and I actually use that register we never use to ring them out so other guests can't see it. It's another register for me to close at the end of the night, but 15 minutes goes by too quick to spend any amount of time waiting. I think I'm the only GSA/GSTL that does that at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back