Archived To the PAs and other 'pre-manager' positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are flat out DUMB if you take this or go for this position...or anything "assistant" position. I just left this garbage of a company after working here since I was 17 and all the 30-50 year olds who are getting paid that couple dollars extra to be made to believe they are somewhat important or 'in charge' just to be made a bitch (I LOVE those idiots) need to realize they are nothing and good luck trying to get anywhere in the company...Leave while you can and go find something that you actually like doing. That is all.

Those are fighting words, right there. I actually love being a PA, and I'm actually the happiest I've been at Target since I took the position. Not because I have been "made to believe" that I am "somewhat important or in charge", but because it takes A LOT of hard work, commitment, dedication, and presents new challenges daily. This position will make you or break you if you're not the kind of person who can thrive under those circumstances. If you can take ownership and crush the obstacles, your leadership will notice. Sorry that it didn't work out for you, but don't even take a shot at the rest of us just because you weren't up for the job. Good day to you.

Last edited:
We all know where we stand. We also need the job - it has the flexibility that fits our lives and the pay isn't that bad for a part time job once you've been here as long as we have. Target's benefits are far and away better than most of our spouse's benefits. You think we're idiots. We don't care.

As someone who previously managed to escape Target (for a while anyway), I have to say this guy is right. It really opens your eyes once you are out doing something else for a better company. Not a day goes by do I not wish I still worked for SCEA, but I still feel I did the right thing given the situation some loser forced me into.

The pastures are MUCH greener outside of Target. When I was at Target, I only worked AP and let me tell you-- if you're doing ANYTHING other than AP, you are being screwed and taken advantage of by ETL's who really have no pull in anything. Sure, they can make some minor decisions or mess around with you, but really, how petty is that?? They manage $8/hr employees and making them miserable/stressed out is laughable. Seriously, ETL's are SO LOW ON THE TOTEM POLE and are essentially monkies that get a few extra bananas for running around like apes chasing whatever the STL/DTL tells them. But it is funny that Target essentially eliminated Business Partners now so all these ETL's have nothing to "aspire to".. there are like 100 ETL's for every 1-2 STL/DTL openings. With this recent move, I hope the ETL's that are on the high and mighty horse realize that they are easily replaceable too and unless they want to work like horses for the rest of their lives, they better figure out when they're gonna jump ship. In the mean time-- keep in mind that as a TM, you can outlast ANY ETL out there, trust me. lol

Depends on the store you're at. You're definitely imposing your bad experience onto others though. There are plenty of people who take those positions and are very happy with it, and some of them move higher up the ladder. Just because your store didn't manage your talent, or more likely, your attitude and incompetence got in the way of your development, doesn't mean everyone else is having the same experience. Good luck finding a job that satisfies you completely and values you like you've always wanted, and when you finally chase down that unicorn of a job, be sure to let us know.

I'm a PA, and while yes there are times that I say to myself this is too much work, I know that it's really only because of the holiday season and us being insanely busy. My store has had 2 PA's be promoted to TL in the past 6 months. We have another on the bench at the moment. I still sometimes I have shifts in HL and I never regret my decision to move to PA after having one of those HL shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back