Archived Today is the day......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving my 2 weeks notice today.

On one level - I hate how the timing worked out, but I had to wait until my other job was in place. I would have preferred to have given notice 2 weeks ago - I just hate adding to the hiring they appear to NOT be doing yet.

Which isn't my fault, but, it is how I roll.

I'm nervous for whatever reason, go figure. The good news is that I don't work much between now and what will be my last day. Bascially today, and this coming weekend. I guess the nervousness comes from basically going "self-employed" and working from home. Win for me, HUGE win for the kids.... but stressful to start.

Congratulations on finding something that gives you time with your kids.
That's a win all the way round.

Don't be a stranger, drop by and let us know how things are going.

Now fly free and don't feel bad at all, they will survive.

I decide to leave Target too! My last was Saturday-11/1/2014. A head hunter from Best Buy visited our store and offered me a position. I was taking too much heat from my TL for spending too much time with guest and educating them on TV's.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding something that gives you time with your kids.
That's a win all the way round.

Don't be a stranger, drop by and let us know how things are going.

Now fly free and don't feel bad at all, they will survive.
They will survive, but when I told the HRTM, she gave me a hug and said, "you are all leaving... Why??"

Um, shall I make the list?? lol!

Congrats. I'm jealous you're able to get out before Black Friday.
Ok, truth be told, I was leaving job or not job. I was NOT working on Thanksgiving. It's my birthday. I got screwed last year and worked, and my mother gave me crap about it. There was no way I was dealing with having to work on thanksgiving and my mom. My 95yo grandma will be here from cross country, and my brother and SIL might be here. Nope, quitting was the best option! lol!

I decide to leave Target too! My last was Saturday-11/1/2014. A head hunter from Best Buy visited our store and offered me a position. I was taking two much heat from my TL for spending too much time with guest and educating them on TV's.
I truly look at my time with best buy as positive. I had an amazing management team. Amazing, which then makes it hard to work for others. A few of my Spot managers have reached that high water mark, more than a few haven't.

I hope you are blessed with a good team!

*sniff*
Another one set free....
Awww, I'm sorry. I'd take you with me if I could!

Thanks everyone, you have helped make this all tolerable. Truly. I was able to do better at separating the corp bs from the actual stupid people. That helped a lot. Knowing stuff before it happened helped a lot. I work with some good people, and the majority of my guests are decent (not looking at you tonight coupon man!). For the money I was making, I wouldn't have minded so much if there wasn't the red card crap.

That isn't going to get easier as the CurrentC crap rolls out either, I feel for you guys.

I'm still nervous, but excited about only 3 more days of work!!!

Two*

I hope so too! I'm not too concerned, due to the fact this a PT position. Best Buy attempted to sell the discount during my interview process to offer me a lower wage. I wasn't biting.

Two*

I hope so too! I'm not too concerned, due to the fact this a PT position. Best Buy attempted to sell the discount during my interview process to offer me a lower wage. I wasn't biting.
My dad was irked when I quit BBY. My manager was nice and didn't term me for a week so they could shop! :p

Well that went well.... The 15th is my last day, I had time off on the 15-16th.

For kicks I checked the schedule... I'm off AND scheduled the 16th. And have 21.25 hours that week.... Ummm, no.

Will be calling HR when she gets there (I'm off today).

See, this is part of why I'm leaving people. You can't respect my hour cap and such.

Good luck filling those shifts, cause you are wayyyyy behind on seasonal hiring.

Enjoy the new gig! I left Target during 4th quarter - they struggled but they survived. Looks like my store's going through 4th quarter again (4th year out of 5) without an ETL-LOG.

Last edited:
The title of this thread reminded me of the voice over Jason Statham does for the trailer of Crank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back