Too many vendors

I don't really understand this question at all. Are you a consumables team lead, a rev log expert? What do you do? The contracts for what vendors are on planogram are not determined by you or the store, so I don't see any way that statement can be substantiated.

So my SD says I have too many vendors, and idea how to correct this?
Not sure what your SD is referring to. I can say if it's about all the saleplanners, pallet drops and floor stacks of wine. Seasonal mdse that vendors have. I have to agree vendors have too much. Like Dysprosed said that's not on us or the FB lead it's Target. My SD is pushing back on all if this right now. Sometimes I get email from the district person of grocery that stuff is coming and we have to take it. Just because a vendor shows me one their phone we have to take something I check to see if it's on pog or upcoming sp. I may start getting my Gm or SD approve.

I'm the RLE, and my SD actually means I have too many vendors making deliveries. Apparently I'm the only person in the store with a license to operate a broom and the store's a mess. The real answer here is to take any investments out of Spot, because if this is the type of leadership Spot is choosing this isn't going to last much longer. Group visit together, I better go clean the store for 'em

There are a couple vendors you could ask to come less often. But I don't think you have the authority to "just say no" to vendors.

We have about 19 different vendors that make deliveries, not counting "mail", Donation and FDC. Most of them are 2 or 3 times a week. UPS is bringing tons of American Greetings right now, and we still have 2.5 pallets of NECA backlogged in the steel. SURELOGIX had delivered tons of signage somewhat recently for the 4th quarter / BF.
Idk what normal looks like but that's my store. I'm just the back-up RLE so maybe I'm missing a couple from my list

Last edited:
I'm the RLE, and my SD actually means I have too many vendors making deliveries. Apparently I'm the only person in the store with a license to operate a broom and the store's a mess. The real answer here is to take any investments out of Spot, because if this is the type of leadership Spot is choosing this isn't going to last much longer. Group visit together, I better go clean the store for 'em
Your SD sounds like a real piece of work with zero prioritization skills. You have my sympathy. Reminds me of the ETL I had that made us stop pulling CAFS to sweep the backroom. (For those who came onboard after CAFS went out they were timed batches that had to be pulled within the hour. The worst thing that could happen in the backroom was for the CAFS to roll over.)🙄

There are a couple vendors you could ask to come less often. But I don't think you have the authority to "just say no" to vendors.

We have about 19 different vendors that make deliveries, not counting "mail", Donation and FDC. Most of them are 2 or 3 times a week. UPS is bringing tons of American Greetings right now, and we still have 2.5 pallets of NECA backlogged in the steel. SURELOGIX had delivered tons of signage somewhat recently for the 4th quarter / BF.
Idk what normal looks like but that's my store. I'm just the back-up RLE so maybe I'm missing a couple from my list
That's about right. I thought you were at my store, but I don't have a backup or single competent TL and our 2 pallets of NECA have been in the steel since Q4 2019... and I don't have anywhere to put the daily signing pallet since our VM is useless and it takes inbound 3 days to unload and push a truck

That's about right. I thought you were at my store, but I don't have a backup or single competent TL and our 2 pallets of NECA have been in the steel since Q4 2019... and I don't have anywhere to put the daily signing pallet since our VM is useless and it takes inbound 3 days to unload and push a truck
I hope you are refusing NECA boxes at this point if you have stuff sitting around for that long. I start refusing boxes once I get more than 5 because I've sat on boxes for over a year before I just gave up and started kicking them back. Have you tried called the NECA rep? There should be a phone number on the shipping label that puts you through to your area's rep.

I also don't see how your SD expects you to turn away vendors/deliveries, especially this time of year. I have 20 different food vendors who come in, SFS supply delivery, Signing/Supplies, NECA/MJ Holdings/Excell/Trends/American Greetings, UPS, Fedex, FDC, and then 1-3 misc deliveries a week. The only ones I deny are Excell/NECA depending on how many boxes I have and UPS just takes them back. The only one I can't kick back is American Greetings because this is the one time of year we actually need all that product.

2019 Necca wow. I wonder why doesn't the SD just ok to donate it. It's scan based and so old we have no financial investment in it. If vendor not working it or doing returns why should we keep holding it. Slapped a salvage pallet label and get rid of it. I have a phone number for the supervisor. Usually she doesn't respond to calls or text but once I kept calling and texting saying all deliveries are being refused a rep was sent with preprinted returns labels to send back. These third party vendors need to in in Globalworx tablet for just this reason.

Not allowed to refuse any SBT since this SD arrived. NECA works the new stuff but nobody wants to touch the old stuff. I like the Salvage idea, and no one would notice. Of course Inbound Trailer Dashboard won't show me past the current date so no idea when we have sweeps...

I used to look at trailer dashboard on workbench for the sweep schedule. My Etl showed me how to use MPM app on the my device.
You have to select "schedule". It will show current week but across the top are several dots swipe until you see "next week". With the holiday there maybe some different days for sweeps.[/QUOTE]

Nope, tried all that. I think someone has intentionally limited my access, which is funny since somebody also moved my box of Seals and then had a sweep yesterday while I was out with a medical emergency and couldn't find them. I wonder if the driver made them unload it...

Sounds like a nightmare. I'm at a pretty good store and I swear if my main RLE ever quit and I became the main, I wouldn't be there long. It's a thankless unending struggle, constantly cleaning up behind everyone, fighting for space, being interrupted 1000 times a day.

Nope, tried all that. I think someone has intentionally limited my access, which is funny since somebody also moved my box of Seals and then had a sweep yesterday while I was out with a medical emergency and couldn't find them. I wonder if the driver made them unload it...
Sorry you having to deal with this. It's bad enough what we deal with coming back from vacation.
Right now I'm having a hard time managing my area. Pallets of mdse, signs and now sortation blocking vendors backstock. Also being blocked are the repack and crc/salvage pallets. Having to move this stuff multi times a day. Getting the sweep loaded on time. I have said it for years and will keep saying the entire backroom/receiving has suffered because all reconfiguration. Our shipping area was drastically reduced with latest remodel.

Back