Archived Tps

• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 788
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the store base pay basically the minimum wage?

Do I keep my annual raises after I get the new position?

Is the store base pay basically the minimum wage?
Depends entirely on your store. When I was hired the minimum wage was only $6.50 yet they started me at $7.50 (pg3).

Do I keep my annual raises after I get the new position?
Yes. I was recently promoted to Photo Lab Assistant which is also paygrade 9. I was being paid $8.50, but they bumped me up to $9.76 -- which included my annual review raise of $0.20.

Depends entirely on your store. When I was hired the minimum wage was only $6.50 yet they started me at $7.50 (pg3).

Yes. I was recently promoted to Photo Lab Assistant which is also paygrade 9. I was being paid $8.50, but they bumped me up to $9.76 -- which included my annual review raise of $0.20.

Thanks! gtc to you

You don't wanna do TPS trust me... Not worth the hasstle... If you're outside of California it's not as bad but idk... I don't recommend it to anyone, especially not California team members.... Basically due to company policy you aren't allowed to do anything yet expected to do everything!!!

Basically you can't do hardly anything a security guard elsewhere can do (because target is too worried about covering it's own ass too much) but Re expected to do the work of a regular security guard and more...

All TPS can do in our store is request that a suspicious person be guest serviced. So they walk around to make their presence known and count Ipods.

Interesting aside...

Before we started using those damnable cases we had a guest who shoved a bunch of blu rays in his coat. Then walked over to the pharmacy to get his prescription filled. To make it even better, he paid with his credit card. I guess TPS got to do something that day, lol.

I know that TPS can't really do much, but I really want this position :D

I don't mind carts or anything, but I'm definitely ready for a change of workcenter. My GSTLs and ETL-GE is fully behind me too.

What is the interview like?

It's a fruitless position trust me. You don't get to do anything, especially if you're not at a high theft store. Quite boring. Most people don't like it and regret it once they have been in AP for about 4-6 months (like me).

Just not recommended is all.... It's your choice obviously but I advise against it.

Our TPS sits in his office, eats his lunch, plays words with friends, helps key ad down on Saturdays, and occasionally checks xbox/ps3/ipod/(any highprice or high demand item) after bsing with the ETL's for a couple hours.

If this sounds fun, go for it. Just make sure you don't take it and think you have any power. I see it all the time when new TPS comes in and thinks their power-trip is everything. You will have no power other than "asking" team members to guest service people.

this can depend on several factors, what part of the country do you live in can affect pay rate. It's probably going to have a several dollar an hour range, perhaps from 9$/hr to 12$/hr I would guess, your HR can tell you for sure
What is the pay range for a TPS position?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.