Archived Trading Cards and Sketchy Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Saturday, there's 3 guests who always come in when the store opens and check out the Hot Wheels. They don't bother us like asking to check the back or go through the pallet. If I notice there's casepack/s of Hot Wheels on the pallet, I make sure it's pushed on the floor.

I'm a collector. I'm mainly into action figures (DC, Marvel, TMNT, TWD, videogame related) and Lego (especially the minifigs). I do get looks from other people when buying toys especially when I spend time going through the Lego blind bags by feeling looking for a specific character.

No, I don't sell them in eBay like most of you probably thinking right now. I don't play like making fightsounds or whooshing sounds (except when I'm really, really bored:p).
Hubby spent an hour trying to find a certain star wars figure in the fighter pod packs when they were on sale and I had coupons...twelve packs and none were the right figure...

I don't see where the guest is doing anything wrong ...they are not stealing they are just looking through the cards to get what they want. Don't we all do this when we buy fresh fruit and veggies? We look through get the best ones and leave the undesirable ones behind. Now, the whole wiping the cards down thing is a lil odd but to each their own. More sales means more payrolls so let the guest find and buy what they want .

Ugh...we have someone who is going through all of our Minecraft keychain packs at the front lanes. They are slicing them open, leaving the ones they don't like and stealing the rest. We are finding tons of these things lately. People are jerks.
Off with their head!

Yep, we had several different guys come in at different times using scales & feeling them looking for the 'bonus' pack.
We also have a couple of old guys who come in looking for specific Hot Wheels cars.
They used to harass our SFTMs to get them to bring any out from back but the ETL said HELL no. Not gonna happen.
We have signs up in our collectibles aisles now specifically stating that only what is on the sales floor is available for purchase, and that due to the collectible nature we will not honor any requests to pull more product from the backroom, much less look for a specific toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back