Archived Trailer loading training video

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we go through training for outbound we have to view a video on how to build walls in a trailer. Do you know if there's anywhere online I can find this video? I'm so nervous these first 90 days about getting fired and want to review things as much as possible.

You can check youtube, but I don't think you'll find it there. Just use common sense:sturdy heavy boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes as you go up.

Don't leave gaps between walls, some GLs will go into trailers and push on the wall to see if it falls back. That's corrective action if it happens more than once. Use small boxes to backfill any gaps between walls.

It's easy to build good walls at 100%, the problem is that many GLs deliberately understaff the lanes forcing TM to work at 140% or more. That's when you start to see things like PIPO cat litter stacked on paper towels and chest high false walls built so the TM can just toss the boxes behind it. The TM then completes the false wall hiding the mess behind it. Load quality goes to ************ as the TM tries to keep the yellow lights off.

Attendance is what gets most people fired. Try not to be even one minute late during the learning period. After that about four call-ins per year is safe.

Meeting productivity expectations is also very important. Target doesn't give new hires much time to reach 100%, I thinks it's one month from date of hire. When I started, we had six months in which to reach 100%.

Basically, just do your best and don't do anything colossally stupid and you should be fine.

I won't lie. These first 90 days I'm as worried as can be. They keep saying my walls are looking fine. My worry though is my speed. I'm not getting any yellow lights but I don't feel I'm getting boxes off the conveyor and built up fast enough.

You can check youtube, but I don't think you'll find it there. Just use common sense:sturdy heavy boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes as you go up.

Don't leave gaps between walls, some GLs will go into trailers and push on the wall to see if it falls back. That's corrective action if it happens more than once. Use small boxes to backfill any gaps between walls.

It's easy to build good walls at 100%, the problem is that many GLs deliberately understaff the lanes forcing TM to work at 140% or more. That's when you start to see things like PIPO cat litter stacked on paper towels and chest high false walls built so the TM can just toss the boxes behind it. The TM then completes the false wall hiding the mess behind it. Load quality goes to ************ as the TM tries to keep the yellow lights off.

Attendance is what gets most people fired. Try not to be even one minute late during the learning period. After that about four call-ins per year is safe.

Meeting productivity expectations is also very important. Target doesn't give new hires much time to reach 100%, I thinks it's one month from date of hire. When I started, we had six months in which to reach 100%.

Basically, just do your best and don't do anything colossally stupid and you should be fine.

Yep I was running in yellow lights all week and getting backed up. Really amazing how they expect quality to stay when they understaff. First chance I get to transfer out I'm gone. I love the people I work with, even the GL's but damn I'm not a machine.

Oh and we hit 100% our 3rd week.

That had to be the funniest video I have seen. If you have any questions ask your trainer that's what they are there for.

I wish that is what they did. My truck is packed horrible most of the time. I got smacked in the shoulder with a furniture box because some idiot in the DC packed it on the top of other boxes. It hurt like hell but I still did my job. I have gotten beat up unloading the truck and I still pushed on the floor.

the same company that understaffed the dc, forcing them to load it like a rabid monkey, told you to unload it in less than an hour. Don't be mad at the guy at the DC who is pushed by some madman just like you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back