Trailer unload time

Wtf. How ? How many tm on the line? Not even with 4 on the line and 1 in the truck wouldn’t take that long.

I don’t know what’s going on but yeah we have 5 people on the unload. I might actually see an unload take 2 days the way things are going.

When modernization first appeared, truck unload times for "the living line" were 5 to 6 hours. Anyone else remember that?

Yeah hopefully just your store cuz that's nuts. I have had 3 people on the line recently due to callous and losing some overnight people. 2500s still less then 3 hours.

Yeah hopefully just your store cuz that's nuts. I have had 3 people on the line recently due to callous and losing some overnight people. 2500s still less then 3 hours.
Did you get an award??

Don't know if it's just your store, but it's definitely not taking that long at my store. Having 5 people on unload and assuming you have enough empty u-boats and flats, it should be done way sooner. Something's not right.

Just found out the team lead over unload is leaving as she is being accused of the backroom being a disaster. The team members who are on the unload have been complained about from other team members who have been with Target for over a decade as lazy employees that just want to stand around doing nothing but play on their phones.

There is a lot of things you can't control as inbound. It can be frustrating for the unload team and definitely cause burnout or team members to stop caring. However if your team lead is able to rally there team members and keep them moving then they should be let go. Blaming someone for the backroom being a disaster is bs though. There are many areas that effect the back room and I know myself is tired of cleaning up after other teams.

I guess it depends on what the tm's are doing during the unload. Our tm's sort the 4's, 8's, 10's, 11's and 17's (if necessary) on the line, in addition to pulling shoes and hanging from the folded softlines repacks. If there is a lull in the action because pallets needing to come out, we also will go over and sort OTC and PC into carts. Yes it takes a bit longer, but we still do at least 600-700 per hour. We generally have 5 people on the line, 3 on P1 and 2 on the P2 side with 1 thrower.

I guess it depends on what the tm's are doing during the unload. Our tm's sort the 4's, 8's, 10's, 11's and 17's (if necessary) on the line, in addition to pulling shoes and hanging from the folded softlines repacks. If there is a lull in the action because pallets needing to come out, we also will go over and sort OTC and PC into carts. Yes it takes a bit longer, but we still do at least 600-700 per hour. We generally have 5 people on the line, 3 on P1 and 2 on the P2 side with 1 thrower.
So you like working harder. Only 4 should be sorted on the line rest should go on uboats . As for style repacks do a feedback that is coming mix .
600-700 should be done in less than an hour

I'm so glad all my repacks come in presorted. It's just a pain in the ass. Sorting shouldn't add too much time if you have a full line of people though and some are better off waiting till the end.

Is any other store taking 4 hours to unload a 1600 piece truck or is it just my store?
Wow, 1600 piece truck should take around hour and a half with full team. Maybe 2 max if it is a messy truck ( pallets collapsing boxes to top of ceiling ) They are really picky about the unload times though I am surprised they let you take that long unless you only had 3 people. Sometimes a few new people go slower till they get used to the unload too.

If we get close to our time and might not make it ETL's usually help unloading and pushing down the line. Funny story my new store has a bar in the steel at the end of the line so they can only fill the line and it stops. My old store did not have a bar to stop the boxes so they would just keep going and some would end up on the floor at the end.....

At my store it's been a problem for the longest time already.

Cutting peoples hours AND having "all hands on deck" on "SINGALS" is beyond dumb.

We average a little over 1k cartons/hour (think the benchmark is 1k/hour). 1 thrower, 1 facilitator (also catches front couple of bays) and 3-4 sorters depending who's in and push work load.

Back