Archived Training at another store for TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

momesalami

Back Room Groupie
:music2:

Thank you for all the postings that I lurked through in support of my TL interviews. Well, I got the TL (LOG) position and I am steeling myself as we move into the heart of the fourth quarter. You can bet I'll be posting more as I get into the process.

I am being sent to another overnight store to observe the process and to complete the training packet. What have you found to be valuable info while I'm observing their LOG process?

Thanks,
Mome:senile:

Thanks hardlines !!! I'm concerned about being able to complete my learning plan at the "training store". My ETL told me that they will try to use me for push etc .(free payroll) any suggestions.?

when in doubt, ask as many questions as you can, esspecially when you dont understand something

Thanks hardlines !!! I'm concerned about being able to complete my learning plan at the "training store". My ETL told me that they will try to use me for push etc .(free payroll) any suggestions.?

You probably will have to do some push, especially if your trainer jumps in and helps with it. You'll have to learn how the unload and the push works. Do you have logistics experience already? If you do, the your training definitely shouldn't focus on that, but you do have to remember that they have to take care of their own store, so if your trainer is pushing, you have to too. If you feel that you are being used as "free payroll" and not getting real experience, excuse yourself to do your computer training. Then contact your ETL to tell him/her your concerns. I'd say your best bet is to stick with your trainer though, as long as they don't send you off to bowl HBA while they walk the store, you'll probably be okay. Another thing you may run into is an ETL who micro manages and simply directs the TL to help out where needed. If you see that a lot, again, contact your store and let them know you aren't learning how to lead the flow process.

Last edited:
Awesome ideas ISIS, thank you so much. Yes, I have worked flow for two years and BR for the last year. So I am super excited to jump in and get training so I can back and help my team. :excited:

Love the breakroom, such a great resource!!!

Awesome ideas ISIS, thank you so much. Yes, I have worked flow for two years and BR for the last year. So I am super excited to jump in and get training so I can back and help my team. :excited:

Love the breakroom, such a great resource!!!

welcome!

I am training at a new store for a TL position as well. The store I am going to assume the position in is very high volume, but the store I am training in is very low volume. My trainer doesn't seem to know how to train me. The first two days I did my normal PA routine for the first half of the day and then sat at the computer trying to go through my training plan on my own for the second half of the day. I have read a lot of information that is new to me, but none of it is being reinforced with hands on experience. My trainer just keeps telling me "You already know everything," but I'm concerned I'm going to go into the CTL position knowing much less than I should.

I am training at a new store for a TL position as well. The store I am going to assume the position in is very high volume, but the store I am training in is very low volume. My trainer doesn't seem to know how to train me. The first two days I did my normal PA routine for the first half of the day and then sat at the computer trying to go through my training plan on my own for the second half of the day. I have read a lot of information that is new to me, but none of it is being reinforced with hands on experience. My trainer just keeps telling me "You already know everything," but I'm concerned I'm going to go into the CTL position knowing much less than I should.
Always ask questions. Leadership development, status, business walks, how to do sales planners mapping, etc... Also, print your ctl core roles for more knowledge on your job. ask ask your trainer how to maintain "green" scores & relationships with vendors too.
Search our forums for more details too.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, Hardlines! :)

I was able to sit down with my trainer for a good hour on my last day and have all my questions answered. I didn't really know what questions to ask until I had done the online training, so it ended up being a fine process after all.

Super excited to start at the new store tomorrow!

Thanks for your response, Hardlines! :)

I was able to sit down with my trainer for a good hour on my last day and have all my questions answered. I didn't really know what questions to ask until I had done the online training, so it ended up being a fine process after all.

Super excited to start at the new store tomorrow!

Thank you fresh !!! Glad you finally had your questions answered. I'm encouraged for my training now. Have a great time in your new role!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back