Archived Training DVD's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Why is the only training dvd the generic one you view in orientation?

They cost money to make.
They get dated pretty quickly.
They do have others but they are online.

They get dated pretty quickly.
What, you don't love fragments of target from the 90s? Lets make more cheesy training videos where the actors always deal with nice guests (and the rude ones are about 10x less intense than the real thing). Plus the actors actually get enough time to complete their tasks and make their workcenter look nice.

Also, they'll hire union actors to act in an anti union video. LOGIC!

Also, people don't pay attention to them. Or managers will just let employees loose on the floor without them watching it.

No.

There is a need for them.

Also, they'll hire union actors to act in an anti union video. LOGIC!

The actors doing those must have thought that was either funny as hell or really disgusting.
I know the construction team they brought in to do the remodel at our store was entirely union and they would wear their union T-shirts around the store on purpose.

It was hard for me to take it seriously when I started my training. They're so out of date and just cheesy as hell! They're good for a giggle so there's at least an upside to them. At my previous retailer we watched one and when the issue of "discrimination" came up they showed us a video of a room filled with old white men wearing "Close the border!" shirts in an attempt at making a group of Mexicans feel uncomfortable in the workplace. It was super ridiculous and hilarious.

They are cheesy, but also a good first look at what to expect and how things work. I don't see any reason why spot would pay money for new ones just for the sole reason that they look dated and cheesy.

As long as the information is relevant, those videos will stay.

I love the safety video. Forget "be careful with a blade you could cut yourself" try "if you cut off your finger you could be the next idiot on the safety training video and thousands of new employee every year will think you are a moron" way more effective.

The CD-ROMs that pre-dated the DVDs were even better. I loved the Robot TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back