Training question

How do you mainly do your training now that we can’t use devices

• TC58

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Chromebox aka computers

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lately the zebra won't let me access some of the training and I have had to use the computer. This is ridiculous considering there is rarely one available and everyone has their training due at the same time. On the zebra I could crank it out during any slow time at the lanes, GS or fulfillment and now it has to be done off stage which is definitely not conducive to business needs/scheduling.

Lately the zebra won't let me access some of the training and I have had to use the computer. This is ridiculous considering there is rarely one available and everyone has their training due at the same time. On the zebra I could crank it out during any slow time at the lanes, GS or fulfillment and now it has to be done off stage which is definitely not conducive to business needs/scheduling.
Use chrome or a TC58

Only a TC58 can do training
Are you having issues using an older myDevice? because a TC58 is just a specific model, just like there are 57s and 51s. I don't imagine it's working on some but not others; the software isn't that different.
I'll see what I can access where training wise when I'm in tomorrow. I'm a bit behind so I haven't done any since we got new zebras.

We have three of the new devices to share with all TMs to get training done. A computer is supposed to be available but never is.

When they took away access from personal devices, it had the unintended consequence of taking it from the older model zebras as well. Only the newest model were working.

The workaround for older model zebras is to access workday through Workbench on the zebra.

In myday, go to tools, then workbench (NOT Workday learning), open the menu, then workbench, then quick links, then applications, then Workday. You will need to sign in.

This opens the full Workday site where you can access your learning. A bit convoluted, but it works.

On one of the 2 computers available next to the break room. There's one back in Receiving but it's in use a lot.
Why are we no longer able to do the trainings on a zebra? Was kind of convenient to duck into the back room, sit on a step ladder, and do it when I had a few minutes and wanted a break from the floor.

On one of the 2 computers available next to the break room. There's one back in Receiving but it's in use a lot.
Why are we no longer able to do the trainings on a zebra? Was kind of convenient to duck into the back room, sit on a step ladder, and do it when I had a few minutes and wanted a break from the floor.
You are able. Follow the steps in my previous comment.

You are able. Follow the steps in my previous comment.
I should have phrased my question better. Why are we *not supposed* to do trainings on a zebra? Or is this more because TMs were using their own phones to access the material and that's a no-no? So when that ability was taken away, it went away from the older zebras unless a TM goes through the steps you mention.
I'm not the most tech-savvy but I'm still going to try your solution. The computers are too often in use when I think to look.

Back