Rush to do Online Training

This week there was a huge rush to have everyone finish their online training.

I had one due in a couple of weeks (though it wasn't in the system last week).

The other one wasn't due until the end of July.

Is is true online training completionn is a metric coporate monitors and the management teams gets a bonus for completing early or something?

They've been very persistent about it at my store the past month. Even if it's due in a month, they want it done right away. There must be something at the corporate level telling stores to do this, as before my leaders only cared that you got them done on time.

Same here, we are getting acheduled for training. Not extra hours, just scheduled for training during one of our regular shifts.

Anything under 14 days is red , anything 14-30 days is yellow . So yes it’s a metric . But only for Hr and obviously Sd doesn’t not want a red or yellow metric .
You mean if the training is due in 14 days, it's red? So, they want training done 31 days before it's due?

ETA: That explains the push (sometimes) to get everyone's training completed way before the deadline.

You mean if the training is due in 14 days, it's red? So, they want training done 31 days before it's due?

ETA: That explains the push (sometimes) to get everyone's training completed way before the deadline.
Yes . No etl hr wants to see their training yellow which is 14-30 let alone under . It’s also monitored very closely by hrpb .

Am I the only one who hates having to take time out for these trainings? It's especially annoying when it's a complete repeat of the same thing from the six months or year or whatever I last had to take it. And when it has nothing to do with my work center - I absolutely never, ever handle drive-up orders for groceries, cold or otherwise, not having been trained on it, so why is that training assigned to me?

Since they removed workday learning from personal mobile devices, do we still at least get notifications through the workday app about assigned training?

I never hop on a PC at work to do training unless I see a notification on my phone.

Since they removed workday learning from personal mobile devices, do we still at least get notifications through the workday app about assigned training?

I never hop on a PC at work to do training unless I see a notification on my phone.
Whenever I am told about training I log in and see when it is due first.

I believe the BTS/BTC training was not there last week but still due on July 7th.

It's funny that they used BTS/BTC because apparently colleges aren't schools.

Maybe BTS was copyrighted and Target couldn't use it.

Whenever I am told about training I log in and see when it is due first.

I believe the BTS/BTC training was not there last week but still due on July 7th.

It's funny that they used BTS/BTC because apparently colleges aren't schools.

Maybe BTS was copyrighted and Target couldn't use it.

Back to college involves distinctly different product than back to school. Back to school = school supplies, back to college = dorm furniture, bedding, basic toiletries, etc.

My HR is usually good about telling people when new stuff drops in.

Up til now, I've developed a habit to just check if there's anything in learning when I download my paystub every couple weeks. Guess that's gonna have to change going forward.

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I do my trainings after my break and kinda groove on having the extra time off my feet my before going back to the floor.

As an ODTM I pretty much always have at least 2 trainings in the hopper, even if it's only been a month since my last shift.

I think Target has too many trainings. FWIW.

I don’t think Target takes training seriously honestly… They really do rush team members to just knock out the online training, literally an ETL was saying just fast forward the videos and have you ever been sent to train to work at another store? Congrats, you save that store some payroll, because they just treat you like an extra team member. LOL!

I don’t think Target takes training seriously honestly… They really do rush team members to just knock out the online training, literally an ETL was saying just fast forward the videos and have you ever been sent to train to work at another store? Congrats, you save that store some payroll, because they just treat you like an extra team member. LOL!

They take it seriously only as far as it comes to CYA.
Anything that they could loose a lawsuit over because you got hurt doing it and didn't have training, they are all about.
But it will be largely performative and they won't give the store any hours for it.

Anything that they could loose a lawsuit over because you got hurt doing it and didn't have training, they are all about.
But it will be largely performative and they won't give the store any hours for it.
Yup, same as any other corporation. We had tons of training at Sears as well.

Yet my store for years had let TMs used powered equipment in the backroom with no documented certification.

This is exactly why I don't use them.

I have complained to management many times about this.

It's like showing someone how to drive a require but not requiring them to get a license.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Anything under 14 days is red , anything 14-30 days is yellow . So yes it’s a metric . But only for Hr and obviously Sd doesn’t not want a red or yellow metric .
What if your training expires?
I had a couple of trainings expire and I never heard a thing from my shift leaders or HR say anything about it...
At least not until I brought it up.

What if your training expires?
I had a couple of trainings expire and I never heard a thing from my shift leaders or HR say anything about it...
At least not until I brought it up.
It doesn't help that you don't know when said training expired.

AFAIK Workday just show how many days ago it was added not actually when it is due.

We recently had one due 7/7 that I don't think even show up in Workday until 6/20.

Back