Training Packers

So I trained this guy in packing maybe 3 months ago and he hasnt been hitting his expectations. Mainly due to laziness and not even trying basically. He walks off alot and hangs out in the restroom and visits other mods. Well they got me working with him again to see if I can help him out a bit more. He knows what the heck hes doing but he just doesn't put forth the effort and doesnt try to bust a sweat. Should I even try and put in the effort to talk some sense to this guy when I've already talked to him about himself in the past? I mean I've literally told him he needs to knock it off and get to work. He says ok yeah yeah but doesnt do it. I'm sure if he keeps it up they will give him the boot eventually.

If they don’t want to try there is nothing for you to do. You can’t teach motivation.
Explain to the lead/OM that the TM knows what to do, they just have no desire to do it, so you’re not sure what they expect you to accomplish. If they’re under 90, set them free.

Your OM is likely already aware they aren't trying, they probably have already had a one on one with them about their performance and were given the excuse, "I wasn't trained well" or "I don't know how to hit prod".
So having you retrain them is far more of a CYA for the OM, that they preformed their due diligence before submitting to have the TM termed for not hitting prod.

Just do what they ask you to do, retrain them, at the end tell the OM "they knew everything they needed to know to be successful, I didn't tech them anything they didn't already know. If they aren't hitting prod, they just aren't trying to."
move on to the next thing.

Back