Archived transfer carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been a cart man for target almost 3 years, and every time i ask to move up i get this bogus explanation.that we have a high turnover rate.but every other cart guy i train has moved up.and i have talked to everyone the stl the etl.but they all say the same.my team leads for years said i was ready but above they keep saying no.my question is i put a application in ehr but did not tell my ge or hr or anyone because the last time they denied my request.i have no coachings or corrective actions.so i have a phone interview for a different store tomorrow.do you think they talked to my old store?what are the questions will they ask?and will i get in trouble for not telling my store?

Something is wrong. Three years is a long time as an average for a TM.

Are you always on time and never call out?

Agreed.
Unless OP is one of the best/most dependable CAs & they don't want to move him.
Sure-fire way to kill someone's ambition.

so will i get in trouble for having a interview with a diffrent store ? help. i would have quit but it pays my bills and have looked a around but nothing.i like working there but the front end is going down hill lately.

HArtman, what do you mean? Pick up his step how? C.guru, you have done nothing wrong. Hopefully the new store will be better for you. Good luck!

If anything, it may jolt his current store into giving him a chance in another dept, if they don't try to sabotage the transfer request like they did before. You have to have their blessing to transfer. If they don't want to let you go, your transfer won't be approved.
If they deny it again, ask why. Tell them you are stagnating & you want to move to another area.
If they won't budge, you might have to give notice to get their attention that you're serious but don't let them give you empty promises (dangling a carrot that they'll develop you 'soon').

Last edited:
There is a reason why he isn't crossing over to other Spot duties.

Just saying...

It would be one thing if TLs & ETLs BOTH thought he wasn't ready but TLs seem to be in his corner & TLs are often much closer to on-the-floor happenings that Execs & can tell what kind of job he's doing.
I know all the good CAs in our store get stolen to other depts.

i have always thought i would dangle my 2 weeks but i just cant bluff like that.so does that mean i will get in trouble because i have not told them about the interview

A lot of stores use such positions as Blackholes. Once you are in there, you can hardly get out. Food Ave is another such position. When I was stuck in Food Ave, my leadership showered me with compliments and claimed I was a top performer but the turnover was so high for FA that they couldn't afford to get me out.

One thing you need to do is to partner up with the GSTL and ETL-GE, and go over your duties and accomplishments. Set up some goals that they can follow. Get a performance plan or whatever they call it now drawn up.

Remind them constantly to cross train you. Get them to put you onto the Sales Floor team or somewhere inside where you interact with leadership. Be vocal on your desire to move up. Talk to every ETL.

There is nothing wrong in transferring to another store. Just make sure if you do move, just don't let it happen there as well.

Sometimes tms can be victims of their own competence. Tls get used to having you in a role (often unsung hero) and they don't have to worry about things not getting done. I agree w buliSBI and ask to be cross trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back