Archived Transfer woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
So I've been with Target for a few years and I've always had interest in AP. There is a position at a nearby store and I inquired about it, and my STL basically said "Well, you would be good at it, but don't you want to stay on the leadership side? You know I would still have to approve your transfer if you did show any interest..."

She knows I have been through TL development but they're not doing anything for me in terms of getting a promotion in line, so TPS would be tangibly better in the short term.

She pretty much told me she wouldn't approve the transfer though...

Grr.

Our store must have been different because the only person that had to approve a transfer was the ETL-HR. She would reach out to the ETL for their blessing, but if everything checked out (good attendance record, no CAs, and an opening) nothing could stop the TM. A lot of transfers happened because a TM was moving so we'd be losing them anyway, why block it if they are awesome?

What your STL said is F'd up.

Loss prevention is a dying career. Stay store side where the money is. Trust me, my husband has been loss prevention for over 25 years and it keeps getting worse and worse.

Last edited:
We had a backroom TM at my store that wanted to to go for a position at another store. Was well above the requirements and model employee.

Never even got feedback on the interviews they went through, at two different stores. Leadership at my store just kept telling the poor guy "haven't heard anything yet, probably will next week" until ultimately the positions were filled.

For some reason not all stores like to allow transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back