Archived Transferring for a TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience or advice with transferring as a team member into a team lead position at a different store? I've worked in the style department at my store for just over a year now and have been interested in being a TL. My store recently turned over almost the entire style leadership and we're still down one TL but there is no position posted. There's a style TL position posted for a nearby store, and I'm thinking of applying for it. Is there a different process for applying online as a current team member through workday or just through /careers?

Don’t just apply. Talk to your SD and ETL-HR. If you’re interested in a promotion and you have their support, it will make the process so much easier on you. Plus, if you apply without telling them it could work negatively against you. Just keep them in the loop—they’ll have to sign off on any transfer anyway.

You would have to interview and if the SD likes you, you will transfer into a TL role. Get support from your current management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back