Archived Transferring Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work as a seasonal team member because I go to school out of state and there is not a Target near my school. I worked last summer and over Christmas break when I was home. At the end of last summer, my family moved and we are closer to a different Target. I spoke with the HR of my old store and explained to them that the 5 minute drive to the new store is easier than a 35 minute commute to the old one. She understood, took care of my LOA and coordinated with the new Target to get me on board there. I was told to fill out an app for the new store and they would call me when they got it. Does anyone know how long it should take for them to call me? How long does it typically take to transfer stores?

Thanks!

In my experience with my team it can take maybe 2-4 weeks depending on how soon you need the transfer, how good your HR is with following up with the other ETL-HR, and what position you are. If you give your HR a set deadline for when you're moving/going to school/etc., I find that they typically have more of a sense of urgency. Also, ETL-HRs tend to have so much on their plate with their own store, it's easy to forget about potential transfers if the home store's ETL-HR never follows up or sends the information needed in a timely manner. I have seen many of my TMs get frustrated at that fact because no one follows up with a sense of urgency and when they do it's never a clear cut answer lol. If you are a regular TM like Cashier or Sales Floor, most of the time it's easy to accept these transfers as long as you are supported by your store. TL and up it's like hell and has a lot of politics involved.

The best advice I can give is to give confirmed dates so your ETL knows that you need everything taken care of in a timely manner and you need to regularly follow up on it. Also make sure you put in the app at the other store ASAP because they need that before they can send over rate of pay, attendance, and other info.

Good luck!

Okay, here we go. My old HR told me to that it would take 24-48 hours for my LOA to be taken care of so I waited exactly 24 hours to fill out the app at the new store. When I was at the new store filling out the app, they said they would call me as soon as they were ready. They knew who I was and that I was a transfer an everything. So I've been (kind of) patiently waiting for a call and just got an email this morning from Target Jobs saying that the store declined my application. Uhhh now what am I supposed to do? They told me AND my old HR they had a job for me but have now declined my app. Is this normal or is something messed up?
Btw, can't call the store yet because it doesn't open for another hour and a half. So I was just hoping I could get an idea of what's going on from someone here instead of being anxious for the next hour and a half. Lol

I would try to have your HR contact their HR without delay. It may have just been a mistake or oversight on the part of an HR tm.

Kristen, did you apply via Ehr, My job opportunities? If not, if you went the "normal" route as an external applicant, then you did it wrong. You need to log into Ehr, go down to My job opportunities and follow the prompts from there. This goes to the other store's applicant lists (internal).
If it is an external application and you already work for Target then they have no other option than to deny it.
Also, the other store has to have an opening open for you to apply to. Like if you are going to be a cart attendant and they haven't opened up that position then you're at a dead end until they do it.

BTW, you can do this at your home store. You DO NOT have to go to the other store to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back