Archived Trouble TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out from a few team members today that a team lead in their department was written up(coached) for not meeting expectations (it's been an ongoing issue for weeks now). I was not surprised to hear this, what dropped my jaw to the floor was finding out the team lead went up to the team members working in that department and explicitly blamed them for being written up and that it was entirely their fault and that the team lead wouldn't forget it.

Clearly goes against everything I was taught going through the ropes of team lead training.

Opinions?

First rule of bad management, shit rolls down hill.
Never take responsibility for the problem, just pour it onto the people under you.
I've seen this kind of crap many times and in answer to your question, yes it goes against every rule of proper management.
However, since most people learn by example and we've seen the example set by Spot,why would you be surprised?

Sounds like a hot line call to me. I should know I've had a record setting 12 lol but none were valid

Probably the reason they are getting performanced in the first place... Not capable of being accountable.

Report it . You never know how underhanded the TL in question could be. They could make things up against Tms etc. Gotta protect yourself.

My store had one that would do the opposite. Refused to write up any of her TMs. Always told the ETL to write her up instead. She knew she was quitting though because of AE2014.

A team lead is only as good as his/her team. If his/her team sucks (and lets be honest most of them do nowadays), then I can see the reason for being pissed

I found out from a few team members today that a team lead in their department was written up(coached) for not meeting expectations (it's been an ongoing issue for weeks now). I was not surprised to hear this, what dropped my jaw to the floor was finding out the team lead went up to the team members working in that department and explicitly blamed them for being written up and that it was entirely their fault and that the team lead wouldn't forget it.

Clearly goes against everything I was taught going through the ropes of team lead training.

Opinions?
I am a flow tm. I am one of the good ones. Having said that my team lead would never do that. He is responsible for about 20 to 25 tm's most days. I would say 2 are slackers and he is working with them to improve. Even if the posters TL was coached, he is held to a higher standard. That behavior is totally unacceptable.

A team lead is only as good as his/her team. If his/her team sucks (and lets be honest most of them do nowadays), then I can see the reason for being pissed
I have seen cases where there are good teams and crappy leaders...and cases where there are teams who want someone who is willing to take the time to lead them correctly so sometimes the fault does lie at the leaders door

I totally disagree, and yes I am a flow tm,if his team sucks that badly I would hope he was trying to make improvements. We don't know the whole story. Maybe he should be pissed at himself for letting things get out of control. Berating his team certainly will do nothing to improve the situation. He's going to regret that choice!

Sounds about right... That is precisely how my ship sails. TL's and ETL's never shut the pie holes. They spread retaliation around like a bad rash. It is totally wrong. I'd be making hotline calls and speaking to upper's, hell I've called my DTL. Then again I have a brass set on me. Please don't stand for that though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back