Archived Truck unload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I am starting to do the truck unload this week, pushing all the product from the truck to the line. Does anyone have any suggestion of how to be quick and efficient? I was a bit behind the go time today and it was my first time unloading. I'm hoping the more I do it the quicker I get but I don't want to be the reason we get behind

No real suggestions, just move faster. When I unload our line is always backed up and I'm frequently waiting for the line TMs to get product off. When someone else is unloading our line is often so empty that we're frequently waiting on him in the truck. It's all about speed. I try to stack like boxes together that I know will be offloaded onto the same uboat. For example, I might stack two boxes of contact lens cleaner on top of each other if they were stacked together on the truck. Takes a second or two off the unload.

In my store the off load frequently takes two hours or more. We have a unloader, one talking off boxes on one side and another taking boxes off the other. One detrashing sort lines. It's incredibly boring and I hate how slow it is compared to the times when we had two in the truck and 7 or 8 on the line :(

I am pretty new to it too, but I would say, don't worry too much about speed if you just started doing it. Of course, go as fast as you can, but I personally wouldn't sacrifice accuracy for speed, that will really muck things up later on. You will get the hang of it the more you do it and you will get faster.

It can definitely get pretty intense sometimes, especially when you have a ridiculous amount to unload, but don't let it faze you. Be sure to always ask other team members if you have any doubts/questions; they will likely be glad to help you. Again, this is just my experience from doing it for a short time recently, but I am scheduled again for it next week. The TLs praised the job I did last time so much, they may want to stick me there now. In general, try to not get too stressed out when they are cattle proding you to go faster... which is easier said than done, I know.

No real suggestions, just move faster. When I unload our line is always backed up and I'm frequently waiting for the line TMs to get product off. When someone else is unloading our line is often so empty that we're frequently waiting on him in the truck. It's all about speed. I try to stack like boxes together that I know will be offloaded onto the same uboat. For example, I might stack two boxes of contact lens cleaner on top of each other if they were stacked together on the truck. Takes a second or two off the unload.

In my store the off load frequently takes two hours or more. We have a unloader, one talking off boxes on one side and another taking boxes off the other. One detrashing sort lines. It's incredibly boring and I hate how slow it is compared to the times when we had two in the truck and 7 or 8 on the line :(
That sucks, I know we have had one person in the truck and 2 people for each side at best. Last few times I did it, I was the only one on my side while the other side had two or three people. Obviously, I can see that side needs more people as it has most of market, chemicals, baby food etc. but then I am stuck with a lot of ridiculously heavy items, like furniture-ish stuff or cases of beverages/liquid. At least it is really good exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back