Archived True or False

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get fired for calling in on black friday? You will get fired for not showing up on black friday?

False, target policy does not allow for one day to be any more important than another day as it pertains to absences.

Anything is possible on Black Friday, even starting Black Friday on Thursday.

1. If you're seasonal and you call in, you'll almost certainly get fired. If you're not seasonal, then you pretty much have to be on your deathbed to not lose a ton of brownie points with your leadership (i.e. there's still a pretty good chance).
2. If you NCNS on Black Friday, you're pretty much firing yourself.

1) True sort of - if you're seasonal when your 90 days comes up you won't be staying on that's for sure and if they don't need you, you won't be getting any hours if you're a regular employee.

2) True sort of- NCNS still takes process. If you have other things they can pile up with it and they have been doing their paperwork then yea, your toast but just that, it's not enough. See #1 for the results though.

With all the stuff that isn't best practice that I get away with doing, calling in on Black Friday is not something I'd be able to get away with.

Hell, last year, people had trouble swapping their shifts because they were so strict on who worked when.

The only one in danger of immediate, or swift, termination are those in their 90 day probation (ie: seasonal). Calling in without a legitimate issue, or just being NCNS, is pretty much a giant neon sign saying: Fire me.

Standard team members will just be treated like dirt once everything slows down. And once spring time hits when hours are very low, you might find yourself suddenly getting coached very, very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back