Archived Tune in Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I recently started doing the Tune in Tueday set! I was wondering if you have any tips on how to make it easier on me and more time effieicent. I only do the POGs, label strips, and pulls. I don't work the pulls though. The Plano team does that part.

@oath2order Every day during the week (mon-fri) has a theme that most stores don't enforce. Freshness Friday is markets. Naturally, tune in Tuesday is supposed to be focused on new releases in music and video

Last edited:
Tune in Tuesday is supposed to be a huddle topic. On Tuesdays, huddles are supposed to be held in E&E, and the highest ranking electronics TM is supposed to go over New releases, upcoming releases and any kind of events electronics is doing. They're also supposed to enlist the team in setting up the new releases, zoning and working stray.

No idea what this thread is relating to though.

@Gulfcoast Its an electronics tm who is clearly being harassed over the whole event and looking for advice to get a tl off their back. That or they're confusing tune in with new releases. I say tell them to go shove it with a smile on your face (I'm on vacation)

Nah but really, there's a lot you COULD be doing, best advice is to see what the etl hardlines is harassing your tl over, and make sure that gets done at least. If you mean new releases (setting the new releases yourself) it gets easier once you learn the set.. Just with a sense of urgency

Last edited:
Oh and act really excited while you tell the team about movies and CDs (who even buys CDs anymore) that no one is gonna get.. That's what they're looking for

Oh and act really excited while you tell the team about movies and CDs (who even buys CDs anymore) that no one is gonna get.. That's what they're looking for

I actually buy CD's, I can then rip the CD and encode them into any format I need for the various music devices I have.. I am geek like that, I make my own MP3's.

But to the OP, just try to have your stuff set, and organized and as much of as you can done by open.. I know my store gets a few movie buyers every Tuesday, right at open.

And if you can pull a copy of the new movies, music, TV or books(that look interesting), so you or have something to show.. I have found it doesn't matter if you actually know anything about it. Half the time they just read the jacket and crack a few jokes(clean ones) about it.

At my store, we have 2 tm's who set the new releases for tuesday on Monday nights. They put out the new releases out after we close the store. That includes setting up labels, pulling & pushing products to the set area. Then, on Tuesday nights, they come back to finish the aisle revisions in mmb. They love doing it.
Here is how to do it. Go on workbench, to online pogs. Print out the pogs list for dept 012, 058, 059, 108, 207 and 152(check lanes), dated for Tuesday. Locate the pog label strips from the Plano tl's area. Usually kept with the other labels that come in on Friday. Use the Mmb map for locations to tie pogs. Grab a portable printer, walkie, electronic keys & PDA. Ask your Lod or lookup on red wire for any updates on entertainment changes for Tuesday. Setup the pog labels to end caps. Tie pog & put up pog header label. Shoot an revision pog fill or stand alone outs. Put ad signs up. Pull items from back room. Stage it there, until the store closes & put product or shippers out. Do not backstock any books, cd's or movies from pog takedown. Put a note, on the cart, don't backstock hold for Tuesday pogs with the date on it. You will be communicating to all dayside teams, that no action is required. My folks do, the front lanes too, which dept 152 for their end cap. On our street date stuff, we put a note saying hold for Tuesday setup in the electronics back room. I hope this helps.
Please note: not all stores, locate the street date products. Ask questions, on where it is or look for it.

Only team leads can go on red wire I believe. So I don't get important info. On Monday dealing with MMB. TL don't read it.

My store does it a little different. Electronics do all of the ones starting with C108, which are any New Release revisions. I did these for my first 2 1/2 years there. It took my constantly changing my routine to get it done the quickest way. But electronics does theirs, and POG does the rest of the revisions for Tuesday. I do these now. But back strictly to electronics. I worked every Sunday and on that day I would go ahead and tie and drop the C108s and then I could come in on Monday and hit the floor running with putting in labels to get done as soon as possible--that was what was expected for us anyway. And then I would either partner with back room TL to get them to pull it later that night and get it staged or our electronics TL would pull it that day. Unfortunately now all of that has changed and the electronics TM pulls it that day or someone pulls it that morning--it's all a mess now since I left and one of our other TMs left electronics. So... Hope you can take some pointers or ideas from this. And just ask if you have anymore questions!

@oath2order Every day during the week (mon-fri) has a theme that most stores don't enforce. Freshness Friday is markets. Naturally, tune in Tuesday is supposed to be focused on new releases in music and video
I wish my store had Freshness Fridays. We're always being called to help out in hardlines/backup cashiering so whoever is closing never finishes zoning market. Our hardlines TL is switching with our Sr TL of market so maybe I'll ask him about it.

I wish my store had Freshness Fridays. We're always being called to help out in hardlines/backup cashiering so whoever is closing never finishes zoning market. Our hardlines TL is switching with our Sr TL of market so maybe I'll ask him about it.
Freshness Friday is part of the weekly checklist. You really should do it, especially if your flow team is lazy and/or incompetent like mine is.

Of course, "should" and "able to" are two very different beasts. Your TL needs to bring it up with their peers,because each TL that has a theme day is supposed to organize and lead that huddle.

I am under the impression anyone can log in go under the leader view and then store view.

Freshness Friday is part of the weekly checklist. You really should do it, especially if your flow team is lazy and/or incompetent like mine is.

Of course, "should" and "able to" are two very different beasts. Your TL needs to bring it up with their peers,because each TL that has a theme day is supposed to organize and lead that huddle.

Yeah, when I first started working here in early July they said they were going to start being consistent with actually having regular huddles, but we've only had a few when I've been working. We did have a huddle in electronics on Tuesday, but didn't talk about any of the new things (movies, etc) coming out over there. I like all the ETLs and what not, but the huddles still aren't consistent so I didn't even know about the themes until making an account here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back