Archived TV Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed a spike in the amount of opened TV returns at Guest Service this year?

My store seems to be getting several a week that we just have to eat with CRC.

At least a portion of it yeah, any true CRC (vs electronics recycling sent via CRC) is returned to manufacturer.

I've noticed a higher number of TV returns, but most of them were due to cracked or broken screens. My only guess is somebody at distribution must be having a mid-life crisis and taking it out on our TV's or something.....

Target gets a portion of the money back, but last year one of the Table Talkers said that for every guest who returns a TV that is defected we must sell 11 equivalently priced TVs in order to break even.

Hence the 30 days or whatever for a most core electronics.

Hence the 30 days or whatever for a most core electronics.

Yeah, but just try denying a return. At my store that's a good way to get pulled into the STL's office for not vibing with a guest. Only on rare circumstances are we allowed to deny a return.

Well yeah. I'm just relating part of why the return period changed for major electronics.

I've noticed a higher number of TV returns, but most of them were due to cracked or broken screens. My only guess is somebody at distribution must be having a mid-life crisis and taking it out on our TV's or something.....

Same. A LOT of broken screens over the past few months.

Curious as to the ratio of exchanges vs out-right returns.
A guest willing to exchange because of damage/defect I'd have no problem with whatsoever.
A guest unwilling to exchange, especially after a major sports event, irks me a lot.

Target needs to stop selling Element TV's for starters....

One lady pressed me on my opinion for Element and I told her I thought they weren't the greatest quality, and recommended Magnavox instead. She accused me of "trying to make commission". Oh god that gave me a good laugh lol.

I heard there was a group in my district buying TVs , changing out the guts/screens and returning them saying that something was wrong with the TV. It went on about a month then AP finally made a bust at another store. This was in 2012 or 2013. The years are starting to blend lol.

Any Guest Service TM worth their salt should be able to notice if its been opened up or looks used/abused... Not sure how they could get away with that......

Soooooo sick of rewraps. We had this seasonal person that would rewrap everything I got sick of defecting them & started leaving them at service desk w/ notes like----video game open, half package torn, would u buy this

One lady pressed me on my opinion for Element and I told her I thought they weren't the greatest quality, and recommended Magnavox instead. She accused me of "trying to make commission". Oh god that gave me a good laugh lol.

I'm blunt and honest with people. If it's crap, I say it's crap.

I'm blunt and honest with people. If it's crap, I say it's crap.
Yea I am the same. When I worked in Electronics I would tell people its American made but it gets returned all the time. More than likely they would buy a tv with better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back