Archived Two Etl's for one job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know i am out on LOA. They brought someone in to handle my workload while i am out. I return in two months. The plan they have for my return date is that the ETL who is in my position will split the job of the Sales floor Etl (who runs sales floor and front end). We are a smaller store (C volume, 30 million a year in sales) so that having a sales floor ETL to run front end as well is common.

Are they simply sharing this position until one of us *cough* me is coached out or transferred? I've worked several other places in the retail industry and the situation seems odd.

In that scenario it sounds more like one of the other two will either be transferred or pushed out. They don't have to re-assign you to Logistics, so if they wanted you gone, it would make more sense to keep the current ETL-Logistics in role and have you be the one who splits SF/GE.

Unless the one who covered logistics in your absence was as good as you (or at least able to maintain the green process you attained), more likely they'll be transferred but they'll watch you to make sure you can maintain the miracle.

I guess I am fortunate that the person filling in BOMBED. They recently did two overnights to catch up on the backroom.

I'm voting they fire/transfer one. After our intern this year graduated business college we had two etl-log. Our intern got snatched up fast for the first open spot though.

As some of you know i am out on LOA. They brought someone in to handle my workload while i am out. I return in two months. The plan they have for my return date is that the ETL who is in my position will split the job of the Sales floor Etl (who runs sales floor and front end). We are a smaller store (C volume, 30 million a year in sales) so that having a sales floor ETL to run front end as well is common.

Are they simply sharing this position until one of us *cough* me is coached out or transferred? I've worked several other places in the retail industry and the situation seems odd.

You need to STOP worrying about the "what if" situations when you return. I drove myself crazy over this for years, thinking everyone was out to get me. This stuff will drive you nuts and affect your personal life and work performance.

You need to just focus on getting better, take this time you have left on leave to just relax. When you return then focus on being the best ETL you know you can be.

Out of the thousands of ETLs spot employees, you are not the first one to ever go on a medical leave. It would also walking the line of ethics and ADA accomdations to fire someone for "performance" so soon from a return of a medical leave that the company approved.

If you do somehow get performances out, just keep in mind there are other jobs out there AND you can collect unemployment benefits until you land another job.

I'm voting they fire/transfer one. After our intern this year graduated business college we had two etl-log. Our intern got snatched up fast for the first open spot though.
I did forget to mention, and I think this is important, we have another ETL out of college training at our store as well. So right now we have (including STL) 7 ETLs.

You need to STOP worrying about the "what if" situations when you return. I drove myself crazy over this for years, thinking everyone was out to get me. This stuff will drive you nuts and affect your personal life and work performance.

You need to just focus on getting better, take this time you have left on leave to just relax. When you return then focus on being the best ETL you know you can be.

Out of the thousands of ETLs spot employees, you are not the first one to ever go on a medical leave. It would also walking the line of ethics and ADA accomdations to fire someone for "performance" so soon from a return of a medical leave that the company approved.

If you do somehow get performances out, just keep in mind there are other jobs out there AND you can collect unemployment benefits until you land another job.
great advice and couldn't agree more that there are other jobs out there but ill be really pissed if it gets to that point. I have a ton of experience and could go right out and find another job but I want to respect them for the time off but am receiving no respect in return.

This happened at my store. They kept both ETL's in the same role for about a year until one transferred by choice.

Good chance, you will be transferred to another store

I don't know about this, something IS up, judging by the amount of people at my store recently put on Bench, (4-5 in one day). It could just be preparation, but I could see headcounts actually going up for once. i am not necessarily "In the know" however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back