Archived Ugh! TMs (and a guest) got on my last nerve today (or maybe it was just me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was scheduled for Instocks today at 6:30 AM (I usually go in at 7:00 when scheduled for IS). I don't know how things are done at other stores but at ours we have some little plastic caddies that contain grey dots, blank labels, rain checks, etc. so we always have the tools of the trade at hand.

As usual, once I clocked in and got my walkie and LPDA I grabbed a cart and pulled the first caddy off the shelf. Another TM informed me in no uncertain terms that that was "her" caddy, and two of the others belonged to persons "X" and "Y." Now, I don't give a **** what caddy I take since they all have the same stuff in them, so I grabbed an "extra" one and went about my business.

Since our flow team starts at 4:00 AM, it's not uncommon for the IS team to help push product so that the areas can be scanned. Today most of my push time was spent working out a flat of toys. I had a few cartons in my cart and was working them out when a guest approached. I got kind of an odd vibe (no pun intended) from him. It was like he was stalking the aisle looking for a victim. I asked "CIHYFS?" to which he started trying to dig through my cart. Turns out he's yet ANOTHER obsessive collector of toys who haunts the aisles every morning looking for certain items. I politely told him that, no, I didn't have the toys he was looking for. Turns out that after he left my aisle, he began hovering around the flat of toys, creeping out the ladies who were working on it with me.

The last bit happened later when I asked another guest "CIHYFS?" and she asked me for a specific item. Now, I've been on the job part-time for four months (almost to the day), but I still have an occasional problem remembering where something is. I barely got the words "I think they're" out of my mouth before the TM three aisles over apparently decided that I didn't know squat, calling out "they're over by the _______." This irks me more than anything, because even though I know that this TM, in their own way, is trying to be helpful, my perception is that it makes me look ignorant in front of the guest.

I don't know. Maybe I just had an off day. Anyway, thanks for the forum to vent.

BRFella

That's what we're here for.
I try never to take that kind of stuff personally.
If someone can answer something faster than I can, all the better for the guest.
The fact is we've been through so many revisions and remodels sometimes it takes me a bit to remember where something is this week.

Thanks, CC.

Even after my vent, I want to say that the vast majority of my time at Target has been a lot of fun. I'm starting to get more BR hours again (what I was originally hired for), and I much prefer the "behind-the-scenes" type of work, though I have no problem working pulls or assisting guests.

All our instocks people have their own box of stuff. I keep a few personal items in there..hand lotion,breath mints, etc..but I wouldn't care if someone borrowed the box if I wasn't using it.

That's the thing -- there's absolutely NOTHING different about the contents of the caddies. Maybe she just has slight OCD and there's something about that particular caddy. She gave no explanation, and to be honest, I wasn't all that interested in pursuing the topic. Just seemed weird coming from someone who's usually pretty mature about everything.

That's the thing -- there's absolutely NOTHING different about the contents of the caddies. Maybe she just has slight OCD and there's something about that particular caddy. She gave no explanation, and to be honest, I wasn't all that interested in pursuing the topic. Just seemed weird coming from someone who's usually pretty mature about everything.

Bizzare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back