Archived Um...Do they want me to stay? Do they want me to ask for REDcards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 90 days is close to NOW and I want to know when they'll let me know. I asked my GSA and someone from the TSC, and they both don't know (awk). I am a fairly decent worker, I've been late once by like 10 minutes due to really bad traffic at really bad timing. I get redcards on an okay basis. I made a fool of myself in the very beginning when my GSA and trainer gassed my head up. I want to cross train in another area (pharmacy). I just don't know. How do they judge what to keep you on? My schedule is okay. I'm unavailable two days out of the week because I have school. So when will I find out? I haven't been in for about 5 days, because of my schedule. Question 1: When I go in on Friday, will someone talk to me or will I just know by my schedule whether they want me or not? I can't deal with the suspense. Question 2: Can I start applying for other jobs right now just in case? Question 3: If I am let go, what will HR say when other employers contact them? Not that I have anything bad, but I was late once and I'm super paranoid about being late like I hate it, I cried on the way there pushing 90 mph. Question 4: Are redcards still being pushed or did everyone stop asking? Is it different for each store? I haven't been in yet so I don't know and no one ever tells me anything.

1.) A TL or ETL should let you know. They will give you a letter from your ETL-HR stating their decision.

2.) If you can't afford to stick it out, go ahead and submit applications. Remember, you can decline job offers.

3.) HR is not allowed to tell other employers anything. As a rule, Target does not provide references, and they can only verify that you worked for them and how long.

4.) For now, we are not to push Red Cards until further notice. It was an urgent news sent to all STLs, I believe.

Mrknownothing pretty much aced all these questions, but as a cashier who has closed the last 2 nights I can tell you how they might let you know if they choose not to retain you.

There are several seasonal cashiers at my job and last few nights they were called into the TSC to meet with ETL-HR. When they came back said TMs told the rest of the team tonight was their last night and that they were not being retained. One was bummed, but optimistic. The other was upset and went home instead of finishing their shift. It is likely that if they choose not to keep you they will notify you during your last shift. Definitely speak to ETL-HR or your Sr GSTL (they both make schedules).

Be positive and optimistic. Leaving a lasting impression on management will probably help. I honestly haven't even had any job I applied for call my references (my brother works at my old job and Target did not call my managers there).

So I'm confused...those that got chopped at the last minute...were they not on the next two schedules and couldn't figure it out, or do the schedules now have to be redone to take them off?

Yeah, about the redcard thing ... I spent an entire day asking almost every single guest if they wanted to save five percent today and everyday, blah blah blah, and my GSA casually commented to me that "we weren't supposed to ask anymore." I dread when we'll have to start asking again, because I'm getting really spoiled being off the hook!

Update:
I am a keeper.... but me getting the position I wanted seems to be very- extremely- severely dim. I feel a little bit like I'm being jipped/bamboozled. Also, I never received a 90 day review still ( I want to know what that is obviously). Basically I was just asked if I wanted to stay and I said yes and then they said cool and I said yay so I stay and they said yes and I said yay again and went back to throwing the hangers into the basket. There is still one main reason why I accepted the position, and for me to not receive that satisfaction yet is killing me.
As for the red card thing, asking was never a hassle for me as it naturally came out on the first day.

totally agree, Jasette. I coupon and i do not know of any other stores that consistenly offer sales, with printable coupons AND digital coupons ( cartwheel) the savings have been insane for me, so yeah. huge opportunity for the company if they play it right!
our HR delivered all keeping/not keeping seasonal conversations. They we given the option to work out their 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back