Archived Unpaid time off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
So yesterday I asked my etl if it was possible to get 13 days(npto)off for a planned family trip that's coming up near the end of May. She told me that the best she can do is give me a week off and that's it. She then was going on about how our department(ap) is limited with time off. This sucks as I've already paid for plane tickets and the hotel room a couple of months in advance and waited to request the time off this month due to policy and all.

Has anyone had this happen to them. Would talking to the etl he help. Just trying to figure out what to do as I'd really hate to quit over something like this. Plus even looking for new employment in the meantime would suck.

Put in two different time off requests--one for each week. Go to HR and explain the situation. I can't believe that they wouldn't be able to figure out something for you. For future reference, I would always ask before buying tickets.

I've already paid for plane tickets and the hotel room a couple of months in advance and waited to request the time off this month due to policy and all
Never ever do that! I don't know what policy you are referring to, but I'm sure it can be bent if you explain that you are planning a major family vacation and need to book flights and hotels.

Personally, I don't really understand why they won't accommodate the time off, considering they cut payroll every chance that they can get. The way they are talking it is like they are paying for your time off.

Never ever do that! I don't know what policy you are referring to, but I'm sure it can be bent if you explain that you are planning a major family vacation and need to book flights and hotels.
ASANTS. At my store they tell us to wait till the month before to ask for time off something about them not knowing how the manning will be of you ask too early.

Personally, I don't really understand why they won't accommodate the time off, considering they cut payroll every chance that they can get. The way they are talking it is like they are paying for your time off.
Right? That's what I'm saying. Tbh though I just think my etl has it out for me.

I do both. Put in months ahead and remind them every month or so...especially if it's more than a day.

There's no reasonable answer for why they can't accommodate you. Talk to the etl-hr. Good luck.

ASANTS. At my store they tell us to wait till the month before to ask for time off something about them not knowing how the manning will be of you ask too early.
Ok that may be their policy but it's not your fault that you want to plan further ahead than they can comprehend.

What I said still applies, policy or not. Once you explained why you needed to get your time off confirmed months in advance, it would be ridiculous for them to still say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back