Archived Using survey site gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be improper use of the TM discount still if I used it with Starbucks/Target gift cards I obtained through reward sites, i.e. paid no money for them?

Can't see how that would be a problem. IF they actually researched the g/c they would be able to verify that the g/c wasn't purchased by you.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of as well. If an issue ever did arise I'd have the claim email and the emailed card I suppose.

Don't see a problem either.
The problem with giftcards arise when TMs use a non-Target credit/debit card to purchase a giftcard so they can use their discount with said giftcard.
THAT'S what they're tracking; especially if you reload said giftcard again & again.
If you didn't purchase the giftcards (ie: expressly for a card you can use your discount with), you should be golden.

Would be improper use of the TM discount still if I used it with Starbucks/Target gift cards I obtained through reward sites, i.e. paid no money for them?

I do this with my rewards credit card all the time, you didnt do anything wrong. You honestly obtained the gift card and you are a team member using the discount.

If that were immoral they would just say you can only use your TM discount with the red card ONLY.

Redeye said it best, if you are buying gift cards with a debit card to avoid using a red card then thats shady.

I do this with my rewards credit card all the time, you didnt do anything wrong. You honestly obtained the gift card and you are a team member.

Redeye said it best, if you are buying gift cards with a debit card to avoid using a red card then thats shady.
Awesome to hear!

I don't see why not. How would that be different than using a free $5 gc w/purchase? Technically you didn't pay for those either....

I have numerous times. I get them from Humana all the time when I submit my reward points

As long as it's not theft or super shady, nobody is going to care. It's TMs who load their own gift cards or steal them from a guest that get flagged for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back