Archived Vacation Accrual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was initially hired as a seasonal employee and I am still with Spot. When would I start accruing vacation time? I see I have accrued sick time, but no vacation hours as of my last check.

No mention of TLs in there. Do they accrue at the same rate?
Yes.
  • At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Yes.
  • At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
That's what I thought, but I've been with Target for over a year and the APS I work with only has been there about 7 months. He has like 42 hours of vacation and I'm only at 30. So I asked our HRTM and she said yes, they collect vacation at a quicker rate. We both work 40 hours a week

That's what I thought, but I've been with Target for over a year and the APS I work with only has been there about 7 months. He has like 42 hours of vacation and I'm only at 30. So I asked our HRTM and she said yes, they collect vacation at a quicker rate. We both work 40 hours a week
Ck your weekly average hours on your paycheck to confirm.

Ck your weekly average hours on your paycheck to confirm.
I average 34 currently. First 3 months I only got around 30 hours, but since I transferred I always get 40. Regardless, I've never used vacation since I started, so my APS shouldn't have more. I'll call the HR line tomorrow and see what they say.

I average 34 currently. First 3 months I only got around 30 hours, but since I transferred I always get 40. Regardless, I've never used vacation since I started, so my APS shouldn't have more. I'll call the HR line tomorrow and see what they say.
You can look on targetpayandbenefits.com too, under pay.

APS might get team leader benefits, which includes more vacation.

APS might get team leader benefits, which includes more vacation.
Yea, but the Benefits site says all non-except TM's accrue at the same rate. No mention of TL getting more.

Yea, but the Benefits site says all non-except TM's accrue at the same rate. No mention of TL getting more.
You get do get tutition rembursement.
The following folks qualified:
Store:
APS, Sr APS , PMT, property mgt tm, & tl's.
Regular tm - no.
DC:
Regular tm(not seasonal)
Hq:
Regular tm(not seasonal)

Sorry I am posting this a little late, but I too was hired as a seasonal employee. For benefits and annual anniversary, hr looks to the date I became a permanent employee not my actual date of hire. So although I started with Target in October, benefits and such look to January when I stopped being a seasonal employee. Found this out last year when I hit five years and noticed in November that I was still earning vacation time at the under five year rate. Called hr and they told me that I would start earning the 5 yr vacation rate in January. And I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back