Archived Vacation, Personal and Holiday Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a major question and it doesn't make any type of sense. When I first got the job in Target I read the book and the book states clear as day when you work at Target for a year you start to accumulate Sick Pay, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay. Well every time I get my check I check and yet there is nothing accumulated at all. I started last year and am a full time TM. Does Target follow their own handbooks or do they do what they want and let it accumulate when they want to? Also they said they would match every dollar for 401k that gets taken out of my check but I know they don't because I don't even have nearly enough I should have in my 401k if they matched it dollar for dollar. They matched the 401k for the first check that it was taken out but I don't think they matched it since but have to check to make sure. Any help on this would be great.

I'm only part time and I've been with Target just under a year, but I noticed that I've accumulated a very small amount of vacation pay. If you're full time and you haven't accumulated anything, it may depend on your state's labor laws. I would talk to HR about that. I'm not sure how the 401k works though.

I have been at 1000 hours since it was the threshold for 401k as well and I'm getting the 401k but nothing at all in the vacation etc pay.

I think you have to be 21 and have 1000 hours worked before it start.

....while swinging a live chicken over your head by the light of a full moon while hopping around on one foot....

I started as seasonal. My seasonal time of 90 days doesn't count for vacation/sick/personal holiday. After 6m as regular TM you start to accumulate. It is not 1000 hours, its 6 months, if your average is 20+ hours for vacation and 32+ for personal holiday.

If you don't see on your paycheck after 6m, speak with ETL-HR.

reference: I spoke to my ETL-HR after my 6m of hire, and I have My Pay and Benefits in front of me.

Last edited:
Vacation and personal hour accrual depend on your position and length of service with Target. Your best bet is to check with Ehr or call HROC - yup, they are no longer called TMSC -- new name is Human Resources Operations Center. Same number 1-800-394-1885.
The longer you have been with Target, the more hours you will get and the faster those hours add up. Once you get to the top accrual you won't get any more vac or per until you use some. For most tm, not a problem. My advice, always use PH first. If for some reason you quit or are termed, the vacation will be paid out to you in full on your last paycheck, PH you will lose. Let me know if this didn't answer your question adequately.
More details. Thanks Annie!

How do you check sick/vacation hours. A buddy of mine started the same time as me Nov/2010 & he has about 5-6 hours of sick time...

I have a major question and it doesn't make any type of sense. When I first got the job in Target I read the book and the book states clear as day when you work at Target for a year you start to accumulate Sick Pay, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay. Well every time I get my check I check and yet there is nothing accumulated at all. I started last year and am a full time TM. Does Target follow their own handbooks or do they do what they want and let it accumulate when they want to? Also they said they would match every dollar for 401k that gets taken out of my check but I know they don't because I don't even have nearly enough I should have in my 401k if they matched it dollar for dollar. They matched the 401k for the first check that it was taken out but I don't think they matched it since but have to check to make sure. Any help on this would be great.

another thought - how long have you been a 'full time' employee? Target checks everyone's average hours in January each year to determine benefit status. If you were not a 40 hour team member for the entire year, you may not have qualified yet. Your best bet is to call TMSC at 1-800-394-1885 to determine accurate benefit status.

The whole thing is confusing, i have heard a billion different things.

I know for me that the 6 month mark was NOT true. I was told by my HR that I had to have a 25 hour average and reach 1,000 hours.

I was already at 25 average, and sure enough once I reached 1,000 hours I started accumulating vacation hours. I don't get many now that they have cut hours, but I get about 1 hour every two weeks.

Straight from the TM "When am I eligible for beneifts?" form:

At 6 months* if you average 20-31.49 hours per week: Vacation - you begin to accrue and can start using vacation

* You will be eligible for benefits the first day of the pay period following the first of the month following six months of service from your anniversary date if you average 20 or more hours per week.

As far as the 401K match, I know at my other job that it is generally done once a year, and will capture everything that is eligible.....

Call the TBC 800-828-5850 ask for the 401k department, it's 1000 hours worked to become eligible

I started out as a seasonal but have been a permanent employee for well over a year now with an average hours of 38/week. How come I only have 18 hours vacation time? Fellow team members who were hired the same time as me and have worked less hours have more then double the vacation time that I do but I have never used any. Could this be a mistake that I should call about? I asked my HR about it and she said she didn't know and couldn't do anything about it.

Vacation and personal hour accrual depend on your position and length of service with Target. Your best bet is to check with Ehr or call HROC - yup, they are no longer called TMSC -- new name is Human Resources Operations Center. Same number 1-800-394-1885.
The longer you have been with Target, the more hours you will get and the faster those hours add up. Once you get to the top accrual you won't get any more vac or per until you use some. For most tm, not a problem. My advice, always use PH first. If for some reason you quit or are termed, the vacation will be paid out to you in full on your last paycheck, PH you will lose. Let me know if this didn't answer your question adequately.
More details. Thanks Annie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back