Archived Vibe Ambassador?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is getting a remodel and the GSTL that is being the remodel TL asked me to be the vibe ambassador - me and all my coworkers are pretty sure it's a made up position. Has anyone heard of such thing? They have yet to tell me what I'm doing but on the ten day out I'm scheduled everyday 10-5 under special projects. My store has been in transition hell with our truck going to 4 am and our flow team has been dropping like flies for month so I'm pretty sure no matter what my stl is gonna make me push or reshop.

I think I remember seeing this mentioned on here for other stores doing remodels. Basically, the store is going to be in shambles and guests are going to be pissed off they can't find anything, so I think they add a TM to help the guests. Someone else may be able to expand on your actual duties.

I did this a few shifts during our last remod.
Keep a clipboard with an updated floor map; you'll be updating that DAILY.
You'll be walking the floor to assist guests to find pallets of toilet paper that were RIGHT HERE YESTERDAY but are now across the store.
I also kept an FAQ sheet about the process, what we were expanding, what services were being rolled out, the anticipated completion date.
At the very least, you need a walkie to get info; if you can get a PDA/MyDevice to check on-hands or other locs, even better.
You will be the face of Target during this time so you have be knowledgeable, professional & FFF out the wazoo.

LOL we just use that position to have someone walk the floor and hassle guests about REDcards.

What @redeye58 described is what the Vibe Ambassador role is designed to be: a way to ensure guest service is kept during the remodel.

However, how your store interprets that role is going to vary. My store used the Vibe Ambassador to fix the numerous brand opportunities of the remodel area. Flexing over endcaps, researching, organizing clearance, auditing the new sets, etc.

What @redeye58 described is what the Vibe Ambassador role is designed to be: a way to ensure guest service is kept during the remodel.

However, how your store interprets that role is going to vary. My store used the Vibe Ambassador to fix the numerous brand opportunities of the remodel area. Flexing over endcaps, researching, organizing clearance, auditing the new sets, etc.

Yeah same with my store they only seemed to be doing what they were supposed to be doing when somebody would show up for a visit. Then again my remodel was a mess with an STL who was more concerned about flirting with attractive but completely stupid HR ETL than having any clue his remodel was going off the rails.

"Vibe Ambassador" is an entirely made up position used for a variety of reasons, apparently. At our store, it was used whenever we were rolling something new out and it was causing longer lines and more headaches for the guest. The "ambassador" would go around reassuring people and handing them complementary bottles of Market Pantry water that we requisitioned. When Pharmacy had some system change last year that was causing such headaches, I was called in by HR to play this role. It was pretty nice, pretty much sitting around at Pharmacy for 4 hours passing out water to people and getting paid for it. I wasn't cashier trained at Pharmacy so I couldn't help them with any backup.

Granted, since this is a made up position, your experience will be ASANTS on what they have you do in this role.

"Vibe Ambassador" is an entirely made up position used for a variety of reasons, apparently.
For major remodels (Home Innovation, E&E, etc.) extra hours are given to the store by corporate specifically for the Vibe Ambassador role. The role is detailed in the remodel planning guide, and the remodel ETL partners with existing store leadership to discuss which TM would be a good fit.

Of course, there's nothing to stop stores from creating temporary Vibe Ambassadors to ease guests through other headaches, but for remodels it is definitely a real role.

I'd like the opposite title. Anti-Vibe Ambasssador. I could walk around telling team members to pick up the pace, make them work 20 hours on a job that takes 40 hours, and demand guest satisfaction while completing your otherworldly workload.

That's an ETL. Oops.

(The title would be nice, though. Go around, slapping items out of guests hands with awkward, long, silent eye contact.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back