VM/TL

Team,

In my store and probably many others the VMs have a desk, are a key carrier, can override the time clock, etc but don't show as a TL on the grid.

Are VMs technically TLs? In what ways do they differ? I'm assuming VMs are paid higher than TMs

Most VMs are considered a VMTM, not a TL. But we are part of PG45 so get paid the same as a TL would. I have limited keys, so am not considered a key carrier either- I can run the baler, open the key box for TMs, and use the equipment. I also have override ability at the time clock. And I have a desk (though or be fair I've had one since I was a singing TM).

Most VMs are considered a VMTM, not a TL. But we are part of PG45 so get paid the same as a TL would. I have limited keys, so am not considered a key carrier either- I can run the baler, open the key box for TMs, and use the equipment. I also have override ability at the time clock. And I have a desk (though or be fair I've had one since I was a singing TM).
Ummm isn’t their title “VML, Visual Merchandising Leader”. Haven’t heard of VMTM and frankly makes me want to puke saying it..

Ummm isn’t their title “VML, Visual Merchandising Leader”. Haven’t heard of VMTM and frankly makes me want to puke saying it..

Not at all stores, if any. VMTL was a bigger thing when the position launched and developed, but I think unless it is a store big enough to have actual VMTMs under a VML, then it's just a VMTM position now.

I am keyed in as a Visual Merchandiser Team Member. But treated as an equal with leadership despite no team members as direct reports to me.

"Most VMs are considered a VMTM, not a TL. But we are part of PG45 so get paid the same as a TL would. I have limited keys, so am not considered a key carrier either- "

Yes, this is how ours is, too.

It’s a weird in between I guess.. my store has two VMs and they have a “submaster” key which I know can unlock the building but I don’t think they have alarm codes.

They can override the time clock for some reason (don’t know why) but I don’t think they have access to daily grids, myGuest. I think they have email though because that makes sense for their role.

So they are regular TMs with TL pay?
Pretty much . Except pml at some stores deserve their pay unlike my vm who is afraid of heights. Also if you look at store fact sheet you will see pml name right up there with the leadership because they report to pmd not the Sd.My store vm can not override and does not have keys for anything not even a wave key.

Back