Walmart

3rd shift on register (I’m new it’s like my 2nd week) and someone comes in my line and decides almost EVERYTHING in her cart is cheaper at Walmart and she has a cart full of stuff and i have to price check....EVERYTHING
And the people behind her...boy were they pissed

I think there are occasions when you’re allowed to tell someone to fuck off, not sure if this applies. Insight? @gsa4lyfe ?

Do you mean price match to Walmart? That would be a hard pass on a full cart. You can do one price match and then call it done.

Definitely a situation where you could’ve turned on your light and cAlled for assistance.
If it’s a price match entire cart at a checklathat would have been a hard

“One of our guest service desk team members would be happy to help you!”

from me, though granted, my store is still old school and requires all price matches to be done at GS

Or was it a price inquiry of every item in the cart and then deciding if they wanted each item, maybe looking it up to see if they could or would price match. I had a family once with a cart full of children's clothes and wanted me to tell them the price of each piece and then they would hold the item, flip it over once or twice and then give me a yes or no before going on to the next item.

I like Walmart too, their fishing dept is good as is their outdoor sports dept. Can't beat their Great Value Oatmeal cookies.

I love the delis, especially in the Family Market ones. Do supertargets have delis???

Wally diet caffeine free coke is great for we Boomers who strive to maintain our youthful boyish figures. The pre-made Italian hoagies are good too. Hoagie in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Wedges in NYC and metro suburbs, Submarines in many areas of the country. What are they called in the mountain states and the West coast?

We are but a simple folk down here in the South. We just call them FootLongs, and then we eat them!

If this a price match situation, follow the rules. They must have the competitor current ad.
This would also be a situation to slyly call leadership over for them to inquire on the situation and rule on the over utilization of services. Might be better to scan and suspend the transaction and direct to guest services for detailed price matching.

If they are asking for general price checking, you can direct the guest to check the shelf labels or to utilize the price check scanners. Just word it as "to efficiently move all customers through the lanes...We suggest you utilize the price checkers."

ASANTS, this is a really good question. Thankfully, Walmart is transitioning quite a few of its hardlines products away from national brands towards private brands. For example, many electronics items which used to be Sony, RCA or GE are now their private brand "Onn" so there's no price matching involved even though the product is the same. I've seen this in other areas of Walmart where their private-brand version is virtually the same as the former name-brand toaster oven, microwave oven, etc. Smart move on Walmart's part so they can reduce time spent on price matching.

Back